What abouts is the balance point on the Busa?

Better get some fork seals ordered, you will need them.  
wink.gif
yeah that was a $180 mistake lol I learned the hardway.

Nah, I have enough throttle control to not drop it that hard. I say if your dropping it that hard then you are probably getting ahead of yourself in the learning process.

TufBusa learned on the Busa and I am pretty sure he never blew a seal.

Seen guys do them pretty high and hold them but also seen a few go real bad real quick. I am gonna keep my noce down but, hey give her hell.

Nah, I have enough throttle control to not drop it that hard.  I say if your dropping it that hard then you are probably getting ahead of yourself in the learning process.

TufBusa learned on the Busa and I am pretty sure he never blew a seal.
I don't care who you are...if your wheelieing you will set it down hard more than once or twice and you will eventually need new fork seals. I havn't blown mine yet but expect too eventually.
wink.gif

I blew my fork seals doing such things.

twice, althought the second had more to do with the crap mechanic who 'fixed' it the first time

maybe that makes me a slow leaner

moX

here is how i learned.. Shand up on the bike.. Yank the handlebars as soon asn you crack tyhe trottle.. open it maybe 1/3 in 1st between 5-8k. and you will be all set.. learn a few feet at a time. If you panic.. dont release the throttle 100%. the bike is very heavy and will come down with some force. Try to ease the bike down. Make sure your wheels are stright when you land... AS far as a balance point. Position your body.. Ive seen people balance a bike at 10-1030.. not a busa ... but it can be done.. But if i where you.. dont F--- around with it... lol what everyone told me when i got mine.. its not a matter of if you drop it.. its when.. pleae plase please dont do what i did:)

Dont think my 8500 miles on my Busa has done nothing for me. I am a pretty level headed rider , or at least I think I am. I have been doing little wheelies since I got the Busa but just now I am working on them more.

I know my bike very well and throttle control is not an issue....though I did not know the balance point was so high...so I wont
be taking my Busa that high, I think I will just be happy with my short 2-3' wheelies...with careful control I think I can learn to hold these 2-3 footers for a good 3 seconds which is enough for me for now.

We will see what happens when I get my Gixxer 1K , .I will ride that thing for a good 3-4k before doing any wheelies.
I go by feel...if I am ready then I do what I can do..if that makes any sence.

don't get me wrong but the busa is not a stunt bike, if you want to do wheelies stick to the gsxr1k it is a wheelie monster, but if you want to do them on the busa then i would stick to simple power wheelies like the ones you have talked about, ease it up have some fun then let it down gently. I had more fun doing wheelies on my gsxr600 then on the busa, one of the guys i ride with will do stand up highway wheelies for miles on his busa and just went down with at hard tankslapper and hit the pavement at about 120mph. He will be ok but he agrees with me now that the busa is just too heavy compared to the liter bikes now and was never ment to be a stunt bike. You have a good looking bike and i would hate to hear about you hurting it or yourself from a bad landing... Just my .02, hope you are careful in doing whatever you decide. Good luck, you are an experienced rider and you know your limits.

Best balance point I have found:

Rear wheel at 9:00
Front wheel at 3:00

And at times when I want to be brave:

Rear wheel at 3:00
Front wheel at 9:00

laugh.gif

how would i know if blew a fork seal? my front end is making some noise over bumps and i was just curious. i think what is going on for me is normal. i assume a blown seal would be alot more obvious

Back