How many of you guys do Wheelies on the busa

Here's a little wheelie video for your enjoyment. It's not much but it's the best I could do with a hang over. Gives you non wheelie fella's a birds eye view of what a real live wheelie looks like from the cockpit.

Linky!

Thanks for the video!. You can be my wheelie dealer. Keep them videos coming and i'll keep on :bowdown:.

For those of you guys who have the urge to ride up on one wheel but aren't quite ready for it or are afraid. Just watch the video and :beerchug:. It's just as good as the real deal :D

Well once again Im gonna break the mold here, seems to happen often.. :whistle:

I obviously got the wrong bike because ALL I WANT TO DO IS WHEELIE!! Just simply riding isnt even much fun anymore, cause all Im doing is wheelies, I might as well just go up and down my block lol

But I do have a question for those of you doing wheelies in higher gears(i.e. 2nd, 3rd) How fast are you going when you hit it? What RPM are you popping the clutch at? I might just need a new tire but when I pop the clutch in 2nd or 3rd I either get nothing or some wheel spin that I dont want... Gonna be buying the new tire soon but just looking for a little input

Here's a little wheelie video for your enjoyment. It's not much but it's the best I could do with a hang over. Gives you non wheelie fella's a birds eye view of what a real live wheelie looks like from the cockpit.

Linky!

I had forgotten about that song... it's a good one. And nice control of the bike guy! :thumbsup:

Ive only had mine for about 3 months, It still scares the sh*t out of me on 2 wheels, God forbid I ever get it up on 1, I will admit though those bikes do look good on a controled wheelie at about 65 to 70 mph. But like the rest of guys, I like my ass just the way it looks now, No need for :moon:

Nice bike

I have family up in Broken Arrow. I was up there in August last year. Hot as Hell.

not for me. have a cple of times. once i took off and it went straight up. darn near flipped it backwards cause the road dipped. scared the holy crap out of me. front end slammed to the ground. it was over before i knew it started. couldnt have shoved a bb up my #$# with a sledge hammer. !!! bike cost too much to practice this kind of thing. no room for a learning curve..

Linky!

I knew that was gonna be the vid. Great clutch wheelie:beerchug:

These bikes are not meant to be wheelied. I'm not saying they can't, just that they shouldn't. Bringing nearly 600lbs into the air on one wheel is quite a bit different than our counterparts that are nearly 200lbs lighter. If your bike is making you work for a wheelie, it probably doesn't want you to do it. I still try them nearly everytime I ride though. :whistle:

The BUSA is actualy better for wheelies than the short wheel base lighter bikes. Yes the lighter bikes come up easier but the BUSA on one wheel with the long wheel base is very stable. I recommend starting with a dirt bike in the dirt. When the bike flips, You only hurt your butt. It is a technic that takes practice.
I started in the dirt. Then when I got my old gs110e I transferd the dirt tricks to the street. Once you learn it, you can bring the front end up anytime.

Oibutes

One of the best features of the Busa is that you can "grunt & go" without having to worry so much about the front wheel coming up. If I wanted to do wheelies I would have a liter bike like the CBR 1000 or the GXSR 1000. While those guys have the front wheel in the air I am gone. The weight of the busa coming down is too punishing on the fork seals for my liking, and I hate to abuse my baby like that. :beerchug: I can do it, but choose not to.

I've done a few intentional ones and a couple of scary unintentional ones. I prefer not to now as I get older. I also thought....hey, the main steering thingy is up in the air! :please:

I'll go against the grain as well. I grew up on dirt/motocross bikes and therefore inclined to operate my busa with the same "push the envelope" attitude. That video wheelie looked pretty effortless and I don't think dropping the clutch was required?? I just got my bike so still taking baby steps in the wheelie dept. in first gear until I get comfortable with the balance, weight and throttle response. I had a GSXR1100 back in the late 80's.. bit of a difference in the Busa. You really have to hold on tight when you crack that throttle.. real tight.

Back