What abouts is the balance point on the Busa?

BentValve

Alive & enjoying it!
Donating Member
Registered
Lately I have been working on my wheelies , I am not very good but I can hold a little one for a few seconds..prolly about 1 foot. I have gotten it up to about 3' but am still scared to play with the thottle too much around there..I am concentrating on being relaxed first the wheelie itself is secondary.

About how many feet is the balance point on the Busa, is it more or less than 3'?

I thought I recall a previous thread that mentioned it being around 12 o'clock...

Oh, I thought you were joking!! ha ha ..forget it then...looks like small 1-3' poppers is all I am gonna get....hopefully my Gixxer has a lower balance point.

Though I think the 3'ers could be held with some careful throttle control.

Oh James, you have a long way to go to reach the BP. The BP is the same on all bikes and you'll know when you get there. The height of the front wheel is dependant on where you are sitting on the seat as well as how close your body position is to the tank. A good way to judge your body position is how much bend you have in your elbows. Wheelies work best for most folks sitting up close to the tank. Keep your elbows bent. Don't lock your elbows or you will have trouble closing the throttle when she comes up hard.

Practice, practice, practice! That's what it takes to master the girl catching wheelie :-) I usually tell people they should practice at least an hour a day, four or more days a week! Just keep working at it but don't get too aggressive and you'll be just fine! Remember, take little baby steps. It will keep you from crashing!

So what body position allows for a lower balance point? I dont have a good place to practice, unfortunatly.

And BTW that picture you have of you wheelieing looks to be about 3' high, definately not 12 o clock.

2nd gear wheelies are much easier to control in my opinion. Of course you will be going much faster, but throttle control is a little easier for me in second. I can ride one through second and can shift into third while still up in the air, but have not been able to keep it up after i shift. Just experiment with different speeds and body positions til u are comfy.

If you open the throttle a little bit then close it to load the front, then whack it open it will come up pretty smooth for you. Or you can get going about 55 or so and cheat a little with the clutch and bring it up easy. That's how I started. The first few times I got it up I let it back down quickly because it scared me a little, but eventually I got comfortable with the feeling of it and now can keep it up to about 120.

I'm never going to try em wheelies on Elenor... but this post sure is intersting
biggrin.gif

have done 1 or 2 but wouldnt make a habbit ofit
sad.gif

plus i dunno how high either,just when it went up i felt sommin running down me leg
down.gif

You do have to be a little careful when sitting it down. I've hit the rev limitter while on the back wheel in second gear and slammed the front a few times. Now I have a little rub spot where my fender has hit the inner plastic above it. Nothing serious, but something to be aware of.

balance point is WAY high on the busa. If you have never done them, I dont recommend learing on a busa.....theres alot of bikes out there that are easier!!! And moondog is right.....invest in fork seals!! :-) .....be really careful when you shut the throttle off....it'll drop like a rock! And yeah...I do speak of experience. When I first got my bike I wasn't used to the instant throttle of the EFI. I dropped the front in so hard I dented the tank with my family jewels. Dont believe me? Ask lazerblade or MidnightsdBusa......they've seen the dent!
wow.gif
laugh.gif

BP should be right about here. This boy is good but you won't find me trying this one

busa_12.jpg

Back