How many of you guys do Wheelies on the busa

After the exhaust and PC...I could and wheeli al the time....just have to bring it down lightly. Now that its stretched...it only powers low wheely on rare occations. Thats fine with me:beerchug:

I've done 'em, but she comes down hard--way too hard for me. Now, on the other hand, I've had my son's ZX-14 up many times. Really pizzes him off!!! (hehehehe)

I did one too many on my first '99 (looped it). I've done one wheelie on my '08 and that's enough for me.

I used to ride a TL100R, it is a wheelie machine. The 08 Busa I have, it is really easy to get it up in 1st gear, all you have to do is pull it up to about 5k rpm, then just roll the throttle. Since I've lower it front and back, it is harder to get it up in 2nd and 3rd. GONE

My neighbors own several dirtbikes. One day they talked me into doing a wheelie with one of those "are ya chicken "comments. I was going about 10 mph cracked the throttle and almost flipped over,all I could think of was this is going to hurt. My first reaction was to slam on the rear brake, but my dirtbike days told me to just pull in the clutch so thats what I did. The bike was straight up in the air with the mud flap dragging the ground and it fell down on the front wheel like a ton of bricks. A couple days later I noticed oil all down the forks,you guessed it blown fork seals. Dealer fixed it under warranty and I no longer try to impress people with wheelies cause just riding around and knowing its one mean machine is good enough for me. Wish I could have got that on video and used it as a how not to wheelie video.:laugh:

Picture 234.jpg

These bikes are not meant to be wheelied. I'm not saying they can't, just that they shouldn't. Bringing nearly 600lbs into the air on one wheel is quite a bit different than our counterparts that are nearly 200lbs lighter. If your bike is making you work for a wheelie, it probably doesn't want you to do it. I still try them nearly everytime I ride though. :whistle:

i couldnt do a wheelie on my Banana seat, sissy bar, butterfly handle bar Sting Ray bike back in the day.....seems I always ended up flat on my Azzz. since those days 2 wheels is the least i will ride on! :poke:

That is funny, I just sold my 1969 Scwinn Typhoon to a collector for $100 yesterday. Banana seat, Ape hangers & such. It had been in my attic for over 38 years & was a beater.

Oh yeah wheelies...well sometimes:laugh:

One problem with wheelies, if not done correctly..........they hurt :laugh:

If you come down hard the first thing that will be offended is the forks seals....

I beg to differ....the first thing to object is your "package" then the fork seals !!! :super:

I concintrate on trying to keep my Busa down. It will come up almost at will if I let it. I like keepining it down and fast, it also keeps your forks in better shape.

So you're questioning wheelies, eh?

Let this quick/short video of a Hayabusa wheelie landing gone bad speak for itself....

- Hayabusa Wheelie Accident[/url]

Rubber is best left on the road...
Steven

Last edited by a moderator:
I do occasionally... like when i'm out in the middle of nowhere with NO traffic around me (don't ever do it in town or on the interstate)... It can be scary if you're not used to it - this machine has plenty mucho POWER and wheelie very easily. Like has already been said, the landing is very important because she weighs so much you could be funding new fork seals quite often :whistle:

If you've not done any, you may want to borrow one of your buddies bikes to practice on :laugh:

So you're questioning wheelies, eh?

Let this quick/short video of a Hayabusa wheelie landing gone bad speak for itself....

- Hayabusa Wheelie Accident[/url]

Rubber is best left on the road...
Steven

Yep it sure does say alot. Not to sure that guy did many before by the looks of it, but you never know what you may hit. I guess that is why you do not see many motor unicycles. :O :)

Last edited by a moderator:
every so often during hard acceleration but only a few feet off the ground. i like to "wheelie" but i value my bike alot. :laugh:

I extended the bike a few inches so I couldn't wheelie as easily, but now that I’ve discovered NOS I'm going to have to rethink my ways.... I only do it on the Track though:whistle:....

I did one on my 08 once for the kids in the neighborhood, they are always admiring the bike and beg me to do wheelies. So I did a low speed clutch popper for them, let it down nice and easy in front of my house. I generally as a rule don't wheelie the busa because I don't want to replace the seals. (plus illegal..:whistle:)

when you weelie it's tough to react to any emergencies.

kids always want me to pop one up si I just wave or give them a thumbs up. If I'm really in the mood then I'll situp a bit, take my hands off the bars and do a pretend air weelie by lifting my arms up high in the air for 'em. :laugh: (I don't let peer pressure control me. I do my own thing).

Back