What’s your favorite modest mod?

Fredyp33

Registered
What’s your favorite modest mod? Now I’m not talking $8,000 360 mm fat tires ( not sure if that’s what they cost, I’ve never priced them out). Nor am I talking expensive turbo kits... I’m talking cheap mods that the average enthusiast can afford or do at home.

I’d have to say mine is the Buell peg mod and the rear hump/grab bar mod.

My fave is the new fairing set I got from Ali Express with customized paint for $900.
Also the blue double bubble screen for $21 :beerchug:

Oh and if you're wondering who the beauty is in my avatar, that's Gabriella Quevedo, a 21 year old fingerstyle guitaist from Sweden, she is an angel and plays exquisite covers of some of the most popular songs I've ever heard.
Check her out on Youtube...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbK6S8jFtYZ3UnPhWRIJ0bA

Lucky you cleared that up about the avatar bro , I was thinking you posting up your new better half , and I was going to ask has she a sister ? :)

Haha, I WISH she was my other half, bit young for me...but if I was a rich b@st$d I could probably have one just as lovely, but without the pure heart.
My ex wife was 18 when we married and she was just as lovely as Gabriella, aaaaah, those were the days :confused:
Did you listen to her play?? And she always gives a big smile at the end too! :thumbsup:

If I had to only choose one, guess it would have to be the ecu flash. No wait, the Latigo seat. Nope, the throtlemeister. Damn, no actually the led lights. Um how bout the intercom in my helmets....
But honestly, probably the single best, most used item is the usb lead so I can charge my phone/gps/mp3.
Troy

If we are talking cheap then Techspec Shark skin tank grips. They help a lot.
When I get my ECU to Frank the Wizard I will probably move the tank pads to second place ;<)

[QUOTE="Kiwi Rider, post: 3232214, member:
And she always gives a big smile at the end too! :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Wow Kiwi; I don't want to hijack Fred's thread but I am way impressed with that young lady! No wasted motion and not one hiccup in the whole piece. Gabriella has a great style, that was Pink Floyd but I could see Clint Eastwood ride into town to that score ;<) :super:
Oh my gosh then she smiled :bowdown:

What grip heaters did you use? I tried a set from Cycle Gear and they weren’t that great! Also how are yours powered?
The set I have now are Heat Demons, previously used the Trail stars but those are no more. Powered off of a switched 12 source. Fabricated a mount off the clutch master cylinder bolt for the rocker switch. There are fancier versions available with fully adjustable heat range, but Overkill imo.

Changing out trunk bolts to plastic. I haven't done it yet. I've been going without any trunk bolts for a few years. Also I'm planning to cut out the floor in the hump to open up space. There are some cool trunk mods I've seen on here but they are probably out of the realm of "modest."

Mirror removal with caps and bar end mirror is good too.

[QUOTE="Kiwi Rider, post: 3232214, member:
And she always gives a big smile at the end too! :thumbsup:

Wow Kiwi; I don't want to hijack Fred's thread but I am way impressed with that young lady! No wasted motion and not one hiccup in the whole piece. Gabriella has a great style, that was Pink Floyd but I could see Clint Eastwood ride into town to that score ;<) :super:
Oh my gosh then she smiled :bowdown:[/QUOTE]

Glad you enjoyed it, the smile is something huh... I've made an album of her works and recorded only the audio onto a USB drive, I play her on the way to work in the mornings , 30 min drive through the country, such a great way to start the day ! ! !

I did white blinkers and white background, but wish I would’ve done the 3 indicator lights in white too. The orange is neat but I like bright white.
Changing lights in the gauges
2DA735B0-1E05-442C-BB25-BC918C342B15.jpeg

Back