What's your favorite 600 class and why?

Rothman

"Professional Lurker"
Registered
I've been checking out some 600 class bikes lately and wanted to see what you guys thought. Living at the base of the Italian Alps, the roads here are rediculous (in an amazing kind of way!). All of the locals ride naked streetfighters like Ducati monsters or Z1000's. I know a Busa can turn (I myself am no slouch on this thing) but, it's not so easy to keep up with these guys riding the shorter wheel based, steep raked bikes in the twisties. Subsequently, I have been looking at some smaller 600 class bikes and more or less dreaming.

If you guys had a shot at any 600 (or so) class bike, which would you pick and why?

Gotta say that the Daytona 675R has my attention with it's full Ohlins suspension and Brembo's to boot.

Get what ever bike you can get the best deal on imo, you can set a bike up to do what you want it to do with minimal investment.

I went with a L1 GSXR 600. Its really fun to ride and I have it tracked out right now...ohlins inserts/rearshock, no lights, race bodywork and thanks to my recent getoff a new set of clip ons lol. It was remarkable easier to ride around the track than my track prepped 03 GSXR 1k even in stock trim.

Are you stationed at the AF base there?

If I were going to add a new bike to my stable that wasn't a 1K I would go with a Ducati 848. They look like they would be alot of fun to play around on.

The Triumph is a sweet bike, but in my particular case, the closest dealership is 140 mile away. So, for a real world 600, I've been looking long and hard at a ZX6R. It has the best fit and cockpit feel for my 6'1"+ frame. ZX makes good power, is right on price (locally), will handle on par with anything out there, and as I said before, is comfortable. Scaling down from there would be a tie for second between the R6 and CBR600, with the R6 edging the CBR a bit with it's slightly more edgy motor. GSXR600 bringing up an out of consideration in it's current form last place.
My :2cents:.

I've had four CBRs, two F2s, a F3, and a F4i. As they can be had next to nothing and are super reliable (I sold the F4i with 48k), that would be my choice.

I'm looking at doing the same thing but I'm looking for a gsxr 750. I like the looks power and lightweight of it. I want an 05+ nothing older. I think the 750 is the best of everything if you don't want a 1000.

I loved my 2002 f4i. That bike was sweet in every which way. I had a m4 highmount exhaust and it sounded pretty. Too bad I sold it to my roommate and he crashed it twice.......In 1 year.

My buddy's girl just got an f4i and I have ridden it. Its a really nice bike but I just felt too big on it. I'm only 5'6" and 145lbs. My girls has an r6 and the tank just feels better its not super slim like the f4i.

Back