We're 4.4 Million Yrs. Old

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
WASHINGTON – The story of humankind is reaching back another million years as scientists learn more about "Ardi," a hominid who lived 4.4 million years ago in what is now Ethiopia. The 110-pound, 4-foot female roamed forests a million years before the famous Lucy, long studied as the earliest skeleton of a human ancestor.

This older skeleton reverses the common wisdom of human evolution, said anthropologist C. Owen Lovejoy of Kent State University.

Rather than humans evolving from an ancient chimp-like creature, the new find provides evidence that chimps and humans evolved from some long-ago common ancestor — but each evolved and changed separately along the way.

"This is not that common ancestor, but it's the closest we have ever been able to come," said Tim White, director of the Human Evolution Research Center at the University of California, Berkeley.

The lines that evolved into modern humans and living apes probably shared an ancestor 6 million to 7 million years ago.

:laugh:

Old news.... seen her walking around wal mart a long time ago... :whistle: :laugh:

walmart.jpg

Last edited:
I read this story earlier today.

Made me wonder..... If Bama would beat Kentucky this weekend!

Besides, my family did not descend from any being that old. Way I see it, we congealed in a mud puddle in Marengo County AL about 135 years ago and we have all been trying to win the lottery since....

We didn't evolve from apes, we are apes.
I calmly asked a 40 year old mormon woman what
was their opinion about evolution. and
she yelled and screamed at me for 10minutes.
it was unintelligible word salad.

Word salad....:laugh:

Ive studied psych for years and never heard that one used as a tech term...:laugh:

It's an old one. I'vd god my fathers' Med books like a Merck manual 1953
psycopathia sexualis by kraft ebbing 1945 edition and many more.

Old news.... seen her walking around wal mart a long time ago... :whistle: :laugh:

Besides, my family did not descend from any being that old. Way I see it, we congealed in a mud puddle in Marengo County AL about 135 years ago and we have all been trying to win the lottery since....

:rofl:
Thats some funny sh*t guys!
:rofl:

Actually this article puts a new twist on all that. It stated that two lines existed. We came from one and apes came from another. All of that is theory and I just don't get into arguments about that stuff.

Actually this article puts a new twist on all that. It stated that two lines existed. We came from one and apes came from another. All of that is theory and I just don't get into arguments about that stuff.

Just one of my lamo jokes, I know what you mean.

Now that funny.:laugh:

You can see examples of ancient hominids in people today. Some people have cromagnon features, some have apelike features and then there are some that can't be explained..

Back