Went to the gun range...

yamahor

DEAD MAN WALKING
Donating Member
Registered
Yeah, 7.62x54 is a fun round... My brother has an old Mosin Sniper rifle I like to borrow, it has a scope on it. Well, first time I borrowed it, I noticed the sighting was off... by ALOT!! I could aim at the top right corner of the target paper at 50 yds, and hit the bottom left... Sometimes... So, next time I took it out, I sighted it in. Now, at 150 yds, it's dead accurate. LOVE IT!!! I set a 1 gallon bottle of water out at 150, shot it, and watched the water spray. By the time I was done, that thing was riddled with bullet holes.

Any one know if there are hunting rounds made for it? I might try deer hunting with some friends this year.

Yes, I have one of these also. Try "Sportsman's Guide" catalog or online, you can find FMJ cheap for plinking or hollow points for blowing large holes in things.
smile.gif

If you shoot a deer on a shallow angle, you will kill it and leave a big enough trench to bury the remains all at once!
laugh.gif

Yeah I have a Mosin-Nagant M1938 Carbine. Great gun and tons of fun. Winchester makes white box soft points in 7.62 x 54 R as does Wolf and Sellier and Bellot. The best thing of all is that you can pick up a great condition Mosin for under $100.

The ballistics of the round is right between a .308 and a .30-06. It will take down anything from deer, boar, bear, even elk. Its an accurate round too mine has iron sights and I can hit a 12 inch square at 285 Yds.

Here's a link to the winchester ammo. I practice with this stuff its very high quality.

http://cheaperthandirt.com/67746-6761-261.html

Try 1500 meters- the damn thing comes with iron sights set up for it....
SHOCKED.gif

...not happenin with THIS myopic white boy...
biggrin.gif

(Shibumi @ Aug. 28 2007,18:16) Try 1500 meters- the damn thing comes with iron sights set up for it....    
SHOCKED.gif

...not happenin with THIS myopic white boy...    
biggrin.gif
The sights are set up for 1500 METERS?! Holy CRAP!

Back