Went down this morning

OUCH!! Dang it, Bob! Sure hated to hear about this and I'm glad you're okay. Hope you can even get some type of settlement out of the deal, too. There should be other types of incentives to help people recognize the virtues of being considerate of others, especially at intersections. If you end up with a cruiser by Eureka, I might have to bring mine as well...just to keep you company of course! Hope you heal up quickly (keep yourself flexible by stretchin', protects ligament deterioration and subsequent, and very painful, pulled muscles. Now how would I know that? :whistle: ) Take care my friend and let me know if I can do anything for you. Have a Good 'un! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Thanks Jay , Got up this morning and MAN was I sore!!!:banghead:

Great Advise everyone & Thanks !! :bowdown:
I talked alot with my Wife & Kids last night and it was helpful having some insight from them about riding. My Family & I decided that the best thing I could do is Ride again. They all know I love riding and I would be lost without it. The only twist to it all is that I think I am going to pickup a 2012 Street Glide and go back to a cruiser. I have had 3 Busa's & a 2007 Street Glide . The Glide was awesome for trips and my wife rode with me alot. She wasn't to comfortable with the Busa's and She thinks it's time to slow down. Time will tell, Hope I can still ride with everyone even if I get a Glide .

Sorry for the get off.Good to hear your ok.Good to hear you're talking about a new ride.:beerchug:

If you liked the 07 glide you'll love the 2012.New frame,radial tires,much better handleing. [so a co-worker tells me]

Glad your ok. Could have been a lot worse...

as for the Glide... whoa whoa whoa, lets not get crazy now. :laugh:

Glad you are ok!! I took a year off after Head on with a deer... Now I stay out the country at night lol!!!!:thumbsup:

Wow, sorry brother. Rest up, spend some quality time with the family and figure out the bike thing later.

Glad to hear you are ok. I have had a nasty lay down in the past. They do rattle you for sure. I hope you heal up fast and if you get another bike, just take it a day at a time.

it's good to hear you're getting back on the horse

If you are considering a street glide, you've got to look at the Vaquero and/or Nomad. good luck either way...

Kawasaki-Vaquero-19.jpg

2011-Kawasaki-Vaquero-Cockpit.jpg

So caught up in the Stampede this week I just read this post, I too, have a family, just the act of taking them into consideration makes you a better AND safer rider. Good luck to you and your decisions! Doyle

Wow! I am so glad you are in good shape after such an incident. Hopefully your medical bills should be on the truck driver as well as the bill to fix/replace your bike.

Anyway, so scary how things can change so quickly out there on the road, sounds like the big guy above had your back!

Glad u are okay. Can't be anything scarier than this. Sometimes I get to feeling selfish for riding the bike 'cause I know the inherent dangers of such a thing. I took out a half million policy so if I crater in my wife will have a nice nest egg for retirement. But that doesn't keep her warm at night. It is a big risk we take riding bikes..so..if u never ride again no one would ever think anything negative. Don't make any snap decisions...give it a month or year to decide what your risk tolerance is. Your wife may have very strong opinions after this slide...and u have to respect that..

Damn it Bob. I just saw this post. Anything I can do for you? Just give me a call.

Damn it Bob. I just saw this post. Anything I can do for you? Just give me a call.

Thanks for the Offer Hal :thumbsup:
Busa was totaled and working on getting my payoff thru State Farm , They said the Busa and all reciepts would total $12,368 & change.

Man I am glad you are OK. I have been without the net for the past fews days so I am catching up on things. Sorry again

Wow Bob, i don’t know how i missed this post, sorry for the get off, like Hal said anything we can do for ya holler, I will ride with ya if you get a glide i don’t discriminate :thumbsup:

Back