Went to traffic court this morning .

Warputer

Father of 4=Madness
Donating Member
Registered
Got a ticket a few weeks ago ......69 in a 55 . Deputy was pretty stern on me ....4 points and $180 fine !

Went to court this morning ......dropped to 2 points and $76 fine . I wonder how much State Farm is gonna rake me across the coals now ? There goes my Safe Driver Discount !
down.gif

I figure I got lucky .....69 in a 55 ?  What a joke !  He could of got me in the same spot the day before for double that speed .  A long stretch , no side roads , open farm land on both sides . Don't have to worry about deer or people pullin' out .  

He busted me on a slow day .  
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Warputer
Reason for Edit: "&quot;cause I can't spell for shid !"|1144870504 -->

Maybe you need to quickly talk to a lawyer to see if you can appeal? Time's ticking, and once it's run, you're stuck with the decision. And cost of the lawyer might outweigh the increase in insurance and the points. Worth at least a phone call.

That is why I never go to court without a lawyer, even if Im caught dead to rights because for the cost of a lawyer, lost wages (going to court) IMO you still come out ahead.....3 tickets in 4 years no points and no insurance rate hike and I beat them all
smile.gif
smile.gif

smile.gif

just a thought here, I know its crazy, because if you spend enough money on a dirty lawyer they can get you out of damned near anything, but what about obeying the traffic laws? I know, crazy thoughts, but..........all you hear lately is sport bike riders making insurance rates skyrocket.
I sped when I first got the busa, might even speed to pass or get out of a bad situation, but 22 years on a bike, and never even a stop for me.

just a thought here, I know its crazy, because if you spend enough money on a dirty lawyer they can get you out of damned near anything, but what about obeying the traffic laws? I know, crazy thoughts, but..........all you hear lately is sport bike riders making insurance rates skyrocket.
I sped when I first got the busa, might even speed to pass or get out of a bad situation, but 22 years on a bike, and never even a stop for me.
You better knock on wood I hav'ent had a ticket on a bike since 81 and then all of sudden I get pulled over three times in a month and caught one ticket out of it.

My pass finally ran out
mad.gif
biggrin.gif

19 years on a bike here .....first "speeding" ticket ever !
Your luck will run out , nobody can be Mary Poppins all the time .
wink.gif

Warputer,
State Farm may not even know that you have a ticket. The state DMV does not report to the insurance agencies. Every year each insurance company runs a percentage of thier customers. That percentage is usually in the higher risk categories. That is what my insurance agent told me.

Don

Sounds good Don ! So maybe I will slide by for a while .....

Thanx !

I would never show up to court without a lawyer. I don't know how they do it....I pay my lawyer $75 bucks and he reschedules my court date. I show up and my ticket is dismissed. I have a clean record and have used the same lawyer over a dozen times for speeding in my car. I still pay Farmers Ins. their $45 a month for liability. They never hear about it. I would kick myself in the a-- if my $116 a year cycle insurance went up. Traffic Lawyer highly recommended.

Warputer,
    State Farm may not even know that you have a ticket.  The state DMV does not report to the insurance agencies.  Every year each insurance company runs a percentage of thier customers.  That percentage is usually in the higher risk categories.  That is what my insurance agent told me.  

Don
I think he might be right on that...my insurance actually went down when I got my bill for the year and I had just got nailed with a speeding citation before that.

Warputer,
I went to school with my insurance agent. I told him about the "racing on the highway ticket" I got in the cobra, just to see what he would say. That is when he told me the corp office decides who gets run and who doesn't. The high risk groups are like 16-24 year old males, 18-24 year old female, then all the ppl that have DWIs, DUIs and the like. I know that in my state, that ticket was 6 points and cost me $350. My policy has renewed twice since I got it and the premium has gone down both times.

Don

I figure I got lucky .....69 in a 55 ?  What a joke !  He could of got me in the same spot the day before for double that speed .  A long stretch , no side roads , open farm land on both sides . Don't have to worry about deer or people pullin' out .  

He busted me on a slow day .  
biggrin.gif
Exact same situation when I got my ticket. Middle of nowhere, great visibility, long straight, one intersection in 1 1/2 miles. There is a S turn at the end of the straight that has some trees around it. Deputy Dog comes out of the S and clocks me from at least a 1/2 mile with mobile radar. Accuses me of 61 in a 35. In our county, 26 miles over is not amendable. Seems a little suspicous that I am traveling exactly the same amout over that becomes non-amendable. I got a good lawyer. Traffic school and 6 months unsupervised probation. $50 for driving school, $65 court costs, and $200 to the lawyer. Nothing on my driving record.

Warputer,
 I went to school with my insurance agent.  I told him about the "racing on the highway ticket" I got in the cobra, just to see what he would say.  That is when he told me the corp office decides who gets run and who doesn't.  The high risk groups are like 16-24 year old males, 18-24 year old female, then all the ppl that have DWIs, DUIs and the like.  I know that in my state, that ticket was 6 points and cost me $350.  My policy has renewed twice since I got it and the premium has gone down both times.

Don
I hope the same works for me Don . If the rates go up , I'll let you guys know .

Back