Is this right? 3500.00 ticket

And if you are caught down the road, they'll tack on a possible felony charge and an additional $1000 per year for 3 years for conviction 46.2-817, eluding police...you'll be beyond screwed at that point
wink.gif

(BusaBret @ Jul. 02 2007,16:27) Hey VA are you still being watched?
SHOCKED.gif
 If so you could be in trouble.
wow.gif
Yep, still being watched
laugh.gif
All I think about is Robert DeNiro in "Meet the Parents" pointing to both of his eyes, then Ben Stiller, then back at his eyes, back at Ben
laugh.gif
"I'm watching you"
wink.gif

I'm not scared...I'm legal baby!
super.gif

laugh.gif

Yeah, afraid I would go full ghetto and make my plate illegible, do the painter's tape cover on my plastics and run like the hounds of Hell (close!) are behind me if blues flash on!! NO WAY I'm living in a totalitarian state that goes THAT Nazi on taxpayers while levying petty fines on REAL crime against others!!
guns.gif
pissed.gif

guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif

P.S.- Didn't your neighbors to the north do something rather drastic in similar circumstances a couple hundred or so years ago?
rock.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

What got my attention in the original thread was that the lawmakers that authored the bill are lawyers that specialize in traffic court. Where are the ethics.

(BlkDrgnZ28 @ Jul. 02 2007,14:22) damn im glad people passing through are exempt otherwise i they might be missing a few g's in unpaid tickets and just avoid the whole state next time through
You live in a compact state they would suspend your drivers license
wow.gif

May every politician ,lawyer and back stabbing management personnel fall over dead.This is just like the merry old days of England.Looks like the blood line of greed still runs through these peoples veins.This is dead wrong.
  With laws like this,just bring 100% of the troops home.They're not fighting for nothing good.Just to make the crooks rich.
  The people that are ruining this country,are the college professor's with the crap they teach in business and law.How to be a greedy ass crook and get buy with it.And they'll have you thinking you're doing the right thing.If you're weak mined.
   Osama,and all the terrorist organizations in this world can not do any damage to this country like are politicians and law makers are doing every day.

its been in affect for 3-4 years in Texas. they got me a month after it started for a no insurance in my truck the one time I had to drive it to work cause my car coughed up some rings. Had to pay 300.00 for the ticket then 750.00 over 3 years. Should have called in sick.

I just wonder
wink.gif
if the Virginia Legislatures EXEMPTED themselves
argue.gif
 from this? Just like most Politicians do, that is, whatever they pass that's punative does NOT APPLY to them
rock.gif
?

(VaBusa @ Jul. 02 2007,06:53)
(hayadooin @ Jul. 02 2007,15:04)
wow.gif
  Sounds like a big smelly, steaming pile of.........

Who in the heck thought of this crap. And why are the tax
paying citizens of Va. not contesting this type of gougeing?
Now I live in California and belive me there are some laws
that I just don't understand. But this set of laws really is a form of government abuse..................
Problem is that MOST still don't even know this law has passed and it's on the books; we never heard anything about it until the last week or so and I found out FROM A POST HERE by a guy in CA
laugh.gif

I've been telling everyone and everyone's saying the same thing - how come we didn't hear about this and how is this even possible?  They really kept it under wraps 'til it was passed...

I'm doing my part to voice an opinion...I can only hope others follow suit or most show how they feel at the polls in November...
I am from VA.. and this is the first I've heard of it.

They knew when to keep their mouths shut about new legislation.

Funny/Saddest part is not two years ago during gubernatorial elections we were constantly reminded that our budget was in the clear and that they were actually bringing in too much money. .

guess they found a way to spend that and needed some extra to find something else to spend on.

I like virginia's highways... they typically have better roads than about anywhere I've been... but That doesn't mean I want to put in a donation every year beyond what I am already doing ya know.

(DaCol. @ Jul. 02 2007,13:26) I just wonder
wink.gif
if the Virginia Legislatures EXEMPTED themselves
argue.gif
 from this? Just like most Politicians do, that is, whatever they pass that's punative does NOT APPLY to them
rock.gif
?
va house members/senators/gov. etc. have long be exempt from speeding tickets and such.. they didn't need to enact it now.

As long as they are "on state business" they can, and do roll.

A couple years ago whoever the guv was got his panties in a wad about the speeds on 81 around the roanoke/christiansburg area and had a massive crackdown... cops every 1/4 mile and **** busting everybody for 68 in 65 and ****...

after a few days of that the only people speeding were the politicians going back and forth to richmond. It's all a crock.

If you live in VA then register your car at a friend or relative’s house in another state
beerchug.gif

(dadofthree @ Jul. 02 2007,15:50) What got my attention in the original thread was that the lawmakers that authored the bill are lawyers that specialize in traffic court. Where are the ethics.
Personally I do not believe that lawyers even have a soul let alone ethics.  If this bill was authored by traffic court lawyers is it possible they are just trying to create a bit of high dollar business for themselves?  Guess I won't complain any more bout the $151 seat belt fines and the $351 dollar red light camera fines out here in Cali.  Does anyone else notice a recent trend in government overstepping what would appear to be reasonable bounds by any level headed, fairly intelligent, tax paying american citizen?  Hell maybe they are just modeling their actions after the insurance companies and the oil companies.

Back