Went to traffic court this morning .

Warputer,
 I went to school with my insurance agent.  I told him about the "racing on the highway ticket" I got in the cobra, just to see what he would say.  That is when he told me the corp office decides who gets run and who doesn't.  The high risk groups are like 16-24 year old males, 18-24 year old female, then all the ppl that have DWIs, DUIs and the like.  I know that in my state, that ticket was 6 points and cost me $350.  My policy has renewed twice since I got it and the premium has gone down both times.

Don
I hope the same works for me Don . If the rates go up , I'll let you guys know .
Now, the judge did rip my azz for being a 33 year old dude out there racing with the kids, the cop was in court, afterwards he did tell me that I had the '88 mustang gt,from the light. I just laughed.

Don

just a thought here, I know its crazy, because if you spend enough money on a dirty lawyer they can get you out of damned near anything, but what about obeying the traffic laws? I know, crazy thoughts, but..........all you hear lately is sport bike riders making insurance rates skyrocket.
I sped when I first got the busa, might even speed to pass or get out of a bad situation, but 22 years on a bike, and never even a stop for me.
Reasonable people obey reasonable laws. If you look at the percentage of drivers, both cage and bike, that break the speed laws, it seems pretty obvious that the laws are not reasonable. We complain about the LEOs, myself more than most, when they don't cut us a break when we get stopped, but the root of the problem is that the traffic laws are written for the weakest link.

I hope the same works for me Don . If the rates go up , I'll let you guys know .
Now, the judge did rip my azz for being a 33 year old dude out there racing with the kids, the cop was in court, afterwards he did tell me that I had the '88 mustang gt,from the light.  I just laughed.

Don[/QUOTE]
laugh.gif
34 here .....been guilty of the same a few times .

Reasonable people obey reasonable laws.  If you look at the percentage of drivers, both cage and bike, that break the speed laws, it seems pretty obvious that the laws are not reasonable.  We complain about the LEOs, myself more than most, when they don't cut us a break when we get stopped, but the root of the problem is that the traffic laws are written for the weakest link.
Where do I sign to get you nominated for President ? I could of used your speech in court today !
laugh.gif

sorry, wasn't trying to start anything. I absolutely hate guys in any vehicle that have zero respect for anyone else, when I was driving into Grande Prairie yesterday, a semi came to within 3 feet of me, at 100 kph. He was flashing his lights, blaring horn, to get me to pull over so he could pass. Finger flashing hard as he went by when the 4 lane opened up, but no balls to pull over and 'talk' to me. Police caught up to him within a couple miles, turned out he is a Canada post driver, and the cop said he didnt want to hold up the mail. The semi driver went for more than 10 miles. The PO held him up and checked him out while I left, never saw him again.
I drive up to 3000 km per week, in my 1 ton, car or bike. I am on the road all the time, and drive within 5 mph of the speed limit, because I give a chit about mileage. I refuse to pull over to let these bastards go by, especially when it is not safe to do so. This guy had less than a half mile, where he would have had to slow down and then the 2 lane turned into 4, but he figured the 45 tons of truck he was driving was enough intimidation to make the little LHS pull over.
Damn I wish he would have had the balls to get out and talk to me.

One of these times, one of these asshats is going to actually get out, maybe I will win, maybe I wont, but you can bet I am going to swing for the fence!
(was that a little offside?)

totally scary thought- I was 5 seconds away from bringing my glock with me, was invited to go to the indoor range in GP.

Might have to leave shooting for weekends.

Back