Went down 50 yards from dealership....

I was there. I saw the moose! Its true. All of it.

:rofl: I sincerely appreciate your sense of humor. You're a humble guy and I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery.

Man, that is sad indeed but never fear, it could happen to anyone so no flame. Always been my fear and going down in front of the dealers.

glad your ok! :beerchug:

Glad your ok!

Glad you're ok,
:drink:
:thumbsup:

Sorry to hear. glad your ok

Glad you're ok.

Me = busted tibia, partially torn ACL, cracked patella and massive hip contusion that took 2 and a half months to heal from landing on the corner of the curb.

sure hate to see what you guys call "not ok" :laugh: heal up fast rider... that broken bone could have been fatal I hope you know had it been real bad..

Last edited:
We all have our stories. Heal up and don't be too hard on yourself. Know exactly the feeling. A year from now you will be saying "Dang! Glad it's in the past".

Sorry to hear about the bad luck, but am glad you are okay. Your stuff is just stuff, and as long as you can heal up from it, it's all good. Glad you can have a little bit of a sense of humor over the whole thing at least. Hopefully that makes things a LITTLE easier to take.

You Calgarians and your freakin chinooks! Here in the east we don't even think about taking the bikes out until April 1 as we usually have either snow on the ground, loads of salt on the streets, or its just so bloody cold your fingers don't work on the levers. I think you should sue the dealership for sending you out on a Busa without snow tires!:laugh:

Hope your rehab goes well and you get everything functioning properly. I would change your moose story to a deer story though as it sounds more likely since those moose stories usually end up at the morgue. Any pics of the Busa, before & after?

Ouch, that is a humbling lesson to all readers.

I'll assume you wear wearing jeans and not some padded and armored leather bottoms?Now, lets see pics of the scars on your leg.

I think you were smitten by the Gen 2 monster power as compounded by "audience wrist' , I hate it when that happens. Thanks for maning up with the story & reminding us how quickly a surprise traction loss can pile us up...C mode anyone:laugh:. Ride safe.

Sorry to hear it, but glad you're okay. It sucks to have it happen under those circumstances, but one can never say when it may happen. Hope the recovery (both you and the bike) goes quickly so you can get back out there.

Dang. Going down is always embarrasing. Glad you are okay. You probably have the record for a wreck at the lowest mileage. .4mph:laugh:

LOL, it is the new record for their store, the previous was 2 km on the odo. I was still on 1. They were good sports about it, they knew I wasn't a squid, but I still hear about it on a weekly basis. Gonna finish replacing all my fairings and putting my R77's on tonight. Then try and make it at least 50 kms before I crash. Next time I go down though... its Burgman time.... with a turbo of course.

And buy the way guys, thanks for the support. I didn't really expect to be flamed too hard. This board has always been really cool and sympathetic to riders woes. I have had a few months to absorb it all, and it is easier to laugh at now. In my grandios invincible riding days I wouldn't be so at ease with it, but to be honest $1500 seems like chump change now for repairs.. not so much when I was 25. Plus my pride wouldn't have let me joke about it. Being older, wiser and way more cautious now, is what stung so much about it. I used to ride like a frikkin maniac. And I am one of the few people I know that have actually truly tempted fate at the top end. So going down at 30 instead of 300 was what is ironic about it. But I definitely feel I got the longer end of that stick.

To answer a few questions. I was wearing jeans, and a jacket with a spine protector that took a good amount of the damage. The titanium is worn down pretty good, but I feel it was a huge factor in preventing a spinal injury. And normally a crash at that speed dopesn't cause that amount of bodily damage, but concrete corners on curbs can especially when you get high sided. I gues the true moral of the story is regardless of age, or experience, you always have to be heads up. And aware of road conditions. If I picked it up in June I wouldn't be typing this, I should have been a little more on the ball.

Last edited:
Back