Frustrated with Dealership

E Zurcher

Registered
Well I got a call from the service department and my bike was ready for pick-up. Mind you this is after a week long delay because they were missing a part they had thought they ordered. On first inspection at the dealer I found a loose fairing screw which turned out to be the wrong screw altogether (I'll order a new one for you). Also the scuffed front fender which was supposed to be replaced was touched up with what looked like a Q-tip and ink from a ballpoint pen. (I'll get with the insurance company and see about getting that replaced). I get the bike home and the exhaust is installed crooked and when I go to wipe down the bike I discover the aft portion of the right side fairing is not even the correct color. Instead of being metallic grey, it's black. Don't know why I didn't notice it at the dealership but you'd think they could at least get the colors right.

I would love to run their service department for a month to straighten those guys out. I'd go somewhere else but unfortunately they are the only game in town. At least I have my bike back for a while at least.

So the saga continues.

Contact them and Suzuki US if its a franchised dealer.....no excuse for such poor work/customer service.
Why are they dealing with the insurer and not you...get a copy of the assessors report...could be an insurance penny pinching exercise that put them in an awkward spot.

Contact them and Suzuki US if its a franchised dealer.....no excuse for such poor work/customer service.
Why are they dealing with the insurer and not you...get a copy of the assessors report...could be an insurance penny pinching exercise that put them in an awkward spot.

I'd second that. Could be them increasing their profit margin too if they have already been paid for what the insurance decided to replace.

I think they are trying to get it fixed in good faith but are just inept and inefficient. The fender is not on the repair bill and they refunded me some money for parts they ordered but didn't need and got credit for. I called them this morning and the service rep seemed absolutely frustrated they made that kind of mistake. I have to bring it by tonight so they can get a picture and make sure they get the right parts.

This dealer actually is the assessor and they submit the claim directly to State Farm. They gave me a copy of the assessment and some of the prices are stunning to say the least. How about a foot brake pedal for 139 bucks. They did not send an assessor to see the bike at all. Guess that's the way they do it here in ABQ.

I know if I ran a service department, no bike would be presented to a customer until after a thorough QC check. Plus they have had the bike since 14 June and have had plenty of time to get it right.

You'll eventually get your busa fixed :thumbsup:

Sadly there isn't a remedy 4 their incompetence...."you can't fix stupid" :laugh:

Wish you had been here we would have modded it and made all correct for you. sorry to hear that happened.

You'll eventually get your busa fixed :thumbsup:

Sadly there isn't a remedy 4 their incompetence...."you can't fix stupid" :laugh:

And stupidity is everywhere, it's an epidemic. I cannot understand how so many incompetent people are in the jobs that they have.
We could start an endless thread on it.

Its common to find things during arepair. Its easy to amend the claim. They access with pix and video today. Guy in Ohio did mine located in SC.

Can you post pics of the fender and wrong color part etc.?
Protect yourself, it could come back worse if your dealing with stupid.

Went by the dealer today and they were pretty stunned they made such a mistake. All parts are on order and they will let me know when the parts arrive and set it all right. For now, I'm just glad I got my bike back.

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

Back