How much for a dealership?

Dealership support

• I support my dealer, rate him excellent.

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • I avoid dealers, buy stuff online.

Votes: 33 50.0%
  • Looking for an excellent dealer better than mine.

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • Don't really care where I buy.

Votes: 10 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My local dealer sucks at service and the people have a "don't bother me attiude". I would love to be able to buy them out and run it right.
Posted via Mobile Device

For me there is much to be said about going to a dealership where they are as passionate as you about your machine. I have yet to find this place. The dealership here closed and now I think the staff is working at McDonald's...or at least they should. You run a place the way you describe I would make it my only dealership and pay a higher cost too.

My dealer is the best. The parts dept. matches and usually beats all on-line prices. I can't complain. They take care of me.:thumbsup:

I bought mine used at a dealer at a good price, but with my past experiences with other dealers, an the fact the one that sold me the bike put a new tires on it for me to ride out on (thanks a lot that was really cool of ya:thumbsup:) an didn't properly an tighten the rear wheel on after wards (that part sucked:banghead:). It won't be going there for service.:laugh:

If someone had enough capital available that they could support the business for the next three to five years, it might be worth looking into further.

I wouldn't waste any time on it if I needed it to turn a profit...or even break even for the next year or two...unless the value of the real estate was such that it made sense to acquire it, shut it down, and find a more profitable use for the property.

If someone had enough capital available that they could support the business for the next three to five years, it might be worth looking into further.

I guess buying a business needing three to five years to break even will not be very smart. Interesting poll, seems as most of us are not particularly dealer faithful.

Could be why they seem to not really care.

There is a Husky dealer in Santa Ana, CA who is regarded as the best in the business. I can call George and ask about anything for my Husky, from upgrades to repairs. He is now working on a plug, which he sends you and he looks inside your ECU online. Sends me parts by mail and asks that I send a check only once I receive the part. Wish he sold Suzuki.

Last edited:
CSI decides the fate of most dealers weather it be auto or moto, an it's needed on all three sides sales, service an parts. I have tried faithful only to regret it. Costumers are picky you won't get to make to many mistakes with them an keep them coming back. Good luck with your venture but I don't think it's a good time to go for it. tough time time for anyone to spend money on toys

The problem with the dealers, is the people. If you could take a dealership, and staff it with people who were passionate about not only the product, but serving the customer, and provideing an element of personal touch, then they are a gold mine, there are more people on bikes now than ever! My dealer is fair on price, but I needed some routine maintainence done on one occasion, and they closed at 6. I called at 5:30 (the dealer is 30 min away) and said I am on my way I might be just a couple of minutes late with traffic. The guy in service told me that if I wasn't there by 6, he was out and if I left the bike it was my problem.....I have not gone back and will not, I will drive 4 hrs if I have to before I will give them an ounce of business. I will pay more for good service, most people will. You want to make money....serve the customer. I don't mean lay down for them, just think about their needs, it works in any industry. Just my 2 cents, you open a dealership and want a GM let me know. I'll make you some fat chedder!

Back