Welp, dropped the 'busa

ugh! i hate hearing these stories. don't feel bad bro, you're not the only one. trust me!
sad.gif

Whew...real bummer! I don't trust myself enough to lower my busa off the rear stand by myself, I always have the wife assist me.

Sorry to hear it...if it's a stock can, you can find 'em pretty cheap on Ebay...I bought a set for $49...

Whew...real bummer! I don't trust myself enough to lower my busa off the rear stand by myself, I always have the wife assist me.
LOL, she wouldn't have been any help here. I just forgot to put the bleeding kickstand down
smile.gif
I'm just happy there aren't any cracks or broken bits. Even the bar ends didn't get nicked (tiny scratch on the clutch lever though). And one of the screws I lost inside the engine dropped out so it was a plus too
smile.gif

Carl

smile.gif

It could be worse though. One of the guys here at work has a ZZR for sale. Unfortunately he was coming in to work and he dropped it in the mud. Scratched up the left side a little and a tiny nick. He took it down to a local painter to touched it up and fixed the nick. Looks good as new.

What's worse, while he was removing the rear tire, he got a little too energetic with the wrench and pulled it off the bike stand onto the right side. Bent up one of the front rotors, dinged up the right side panel, dinged up the rim and broke a mirror. He's ordering the parts off of e-bay and talking to the guy about another paint job.

I figure I'll just get it all out of my system and then after selling the other two bikes, re"invest" some of the money back into paint and a better exhaust. Problem fixed
smile.gif

Until next time
smile.gif

Carl

smile.gif

Sux about the drop. It's funny that so many of us have similar experiences. Minor scratches and installed sliders later, I find that my Busa is just as fast as it was before I dropped in the garage!
biggrin.gif

I feel your pain... Dropped mine last week too. Hope you get the paint job soon!!!
biggrin.gif

Sux about the drop.  It's funny that so many of us have similar experiences.  Minor scratches and installed sliders later, I find that my Busa is just as fast as it was before I dropped in the garage!
biggrin.gif
It landed about a third off of the sidewalk so sliders wouldn't have made much of a difference. But yea, I've been looking at sliders anyway. Certainly before I get paint
smile.gif

Carl

Been there, done that. Luckily, I managed to catch mine in time though.

Ha ha. Dropped mine twice now. The last time I backed my truck into it and knocked it over. Doh! Cost me a new gas tank.
However, I have never dropped any of my antique Triumphs.
Mad`

Back