Almost dropped my baby!! (in the garage!)

tedbiele

Thats Mr. Great Pumpkin to you!&quot
Donating Member
Registered
Guess I'll preface the short story with the fact that it was beautiful all day yesterday while I was at work. So when I am getting ready to go home last night, we were late due to selling an new RMZ450 and RM65 to a Pro Rider & son, it just starts to friggin' pour. Figures!! Well I wait a few then proceed to go home in the downpour. Needless to say - upon drying - my waxed beauty was nasty as all nastiness!

Here begins this morning episode:

What a dumbass.

So. There I am. Cleaning the Pumpkin. Oh how beautiful she looks. Waxed again. Prim & proper. Up on the rear PitBull she goes. Wheel & tire cleaned too. A little black touch up on the rear wheel for a couple rock dings. Awwww. Just beautiful.

As I go to stand her up on the front PitBull triple stand so I could clean the front wheel & tire, by myself (There's the dumbass part), she decides to start the lean and fall routine. Gripping one handlebar and the ZGDB windshield I was able to catch the fall. It took all I could to keep the Pumpkin from falling on her side. man that was friggin close!

Say it with me everyone: "Lucky #######!"

Whew..... close one.
blush.gif

<!--EDIT|tedbiele
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111344901 -->

Whoa.... to close.... good catch. didn't hurt yourself to much catching her did ya?

Nope, didn't hurt myself, which is another good point.

Waited for my wife to wake up so that I could put it up on the front stand!! LOL!
Like I should have in the first place.....:(

I'm actually surprised to hear that she would fall when she was already up on the rear stand.
rock.gif

Guess maybe I should start being more careful myself, I thought once she was up and stable on the rear, she was good to go.

Thanks for sharing.

Ya know, it's amazing how strong you can get when you really need to
laugh.gif

Glad you were able to make the save so therre were no smashing pumpkins for you
tounge.gif

Trimming the hump so you can leave the grab rail on , can help when taking the bike off of the rear stand..

Back