Welp, dropped the 'busa

dm_gsxr

Weirdo Freak
Donating Member
Registered
I had her up on the rear stand and getting her warmed up so I can lube the chain and then tighten it (it's just at the outside of the measurements). Of course you have to put the kickstand up in order to get it into gear.

After letting her run for a few minutes, I took her out of gear, shut down the bike, and took the stand out from under the rear wheel.

It was too far gone when I realized I missed a step.
wow.gif

There's a little ding at the lower end of the can, the left side engine cover has a nice set of indentations from the sidewalk. The mirror has a couple of extra scratches on the side. The paint on the plastic flaked off in several places.

No big deal though. I haven't exactly been super careful. Riding on gravel roads, strapping softbags on, riding through the winter. I already have my eye on a new paint job. A few more drops and I can get her painted up like new
smile.gif

Carl

<!--EDIT|dm_gsxr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131319922 -->

Sorry to hear, but I bet you don't forget again....

Sorry to hear, but I bet you don't forget again....
Weirdly enough, I normally take the bike out to warm up the chain. I've done it this way twice in the past year so I don't put it up on the stand and run it so it probably won't be something I do again anyway
smile.gif

But thanks all. It's less of a deal for my style of riding than if I was riding a show bike
smile.gif

Carl

smile.gif

Glad it was just a simple drop, and not something worse
cool.gif

sorry to here bra, its the little things we forget that seem to frag us off the most. keep your head up man

It's always the first ones that really hurt, isn't it? I hate getting new scratches on the bike, but I ride the hell out of it and it's not a show bike.

Glad it didn't break any plastic.
wink.gif

one of the first things that i did was cut the wire from the kickstand switch so i can start the bike without the kickstand being up....as long as i remeber not to start it in 1st i am fine and its really helpfull...
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|SPEEDEMON
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131331867 -->

Yes indeed that is positive thinking. At least the damage wasn't bad enough to warrant having to buy all new fairings
biggrin.gif

Back