Well I got the parts estimate finished!!!

07vigorblue

Donating Member
Registered
Like the title says. The parts cost is $6900 not including labor and accessories. I have $2240 worth of accessories. SO the bike is totaled as book value is only $8944. The bike would have been totaled regardless as the subframe was smashed during impact. So the plan is to get $9000 for the bike and keep the bike and replace the needed parts to finish out the season and during the winter i will replace all the parts with new ones. Also i'm looking at about $2500 for bills and supplies (bandages, etc.) $5000 for myself and 3 weeks worth of lost wages which a minimum of $2300 maybe more depending on if i would have worked 5 days a week for those three weeks

i would rather fix mine. i only need a rear wheel, sub frame, tail section, and pegs and i'm good to go

My suzuki dealer has a 09 white busa i really would love to have but i have other plans for my money so i cant buy it. LOL

It will be road worthy. I dont half azz stuff. It just wont look as beautiful as it used too until i get all the new parts. I forgot to mention the yosh header i got cost $1,110 to replace, But they dont make it anymore. Its still perfectly usable it just has a dent in it now. Shouldnt hurt any performance though.

We both are rebuilding after a crash! Mine was alot less than yours, so it wasnt totaled. I'm waiting on my check to get started!
Glad you are feeling better and healing well.!:thumbsup:

Your plan is a bit premature as it appears!

If the insurance company totals the bike and retail is $9k, they cut you a check and the bike belongs to them. You will be required to buy the bike back if the insurance co will agree. Most of the time the bike ends up in an auction for the highest bidder where your lightly enjured bike will most likely bring $3K plus!

Correct me if I am wrong!

If the insurance company totals the bike and retail is $9k, they cut you a check and the bike belongs to them. You will be required to buy the bike back if the insurance co will agree. Most of the time the bike ends up in an auction for the highest bidder where your lightly enjured bike will most likely bring $3K plus!

that is what I was thinking... they give the old owner first shot at purchase and then it goes to auction I thought... (is how it works with cars anyway)

The instances I saw in the shop turned out if the owner bought the wreck back and fixed it, the deal was a wash for the most part (initial buy back price is pretty steep before it goes to auction)

Last edited:

+1 !!

You're going to spend as much money as it would cost you to buy another one that HASN'T been ****ed up and have absolutely NO resale when you go to get rid of it! Don't try and be nostalgic about it, it's not a special bike, just some plastic and metal. Find another one that looks like it that hasn't been damaged, will have resell value and buy away!!

I'm going to make them give me the bike unless they want to pay me more money for accessories and gear that i will no longer need since it was there insuree's fault. my buddy did the same thing to his Integra. He got book value and the car back with a clean title. Thats exactly what i plan to do.

I'm going to make them give me the bike unless they want to pay me more money for accessories and gear that i will no longer need since it was there insuree's fault. my buddy did the same thing to his Integra. He got book value and the car back with a clean title. Thats exactly what i plan to do.

I'm not going to tell you how that's not going to happen. I'll just say good luck and I hope it works out for you!! :beerchug:

Worst case if they dont want to give me the bike i will just walk away with more money. Really dosent matter to me I would just like to keep my bike. Its sentimental to me.:thumbsup:

Back