The Eyes of the Insurance Company

Yes BUT:

You do NOT now own a vehicle worth $9200

You own a salvage titled vehicle with known damage resulting in a "totaled" status.

Vehicle might be worth $6K unless you find a sucker who doesn't care it was wrecked. BUT as you're claiming, you're into it for a mere $2700? so who cares right?

OH btw, it looks like you lowsided or dropped it etc. (non impact type accident) So you'll be at fault in that claim. Tell us how you make out at your next renewal.

How can I get my bike wrecked?
tounge.gif
I want a free bike too!
smile.gif

Just kidding, actually I am kinda jealous of his free bike but you are right...that could be ugly in the long run. Still though $7K in his pocket? That is a chunk.

That is why I dont tell anyone who I am insured with, I dont want anyone with sportbikes ruining it for me.

Then again State Farm still writes em all day long but drops guys at the drop of a hat too.

Yes BUT:

You own a salvage titled vehicle with known damage resulting in a "totaled" status.

Vehicle might be worth $6K unless you find a sucker who doesn't care it was wrecked. BUT as you're claiming, you're into it for a mere $2700? so who cares right?
it is not stated as a salvaged title when you buy the bike back from the insurance company, at least that is the way it is in Kansas.

Glad you're getting her back up and running, but I'd also be curious how your insurance rates change when time to renew.

Yes BUT:

Get the title changed to rebuilt after you are done with the repairs and have it inspected. may help if you go to resale.

Great deal you ended up with! The title will say salvage on it. Definitely have it changed to rebuilt if your state allows it.
smile.gif

Hey Rudy,
Since you made out so good can I have your scratched hump? I will pay shipping!
biggrin.gif

Also are those Vortex sliders? They look like they held up pretty well, how fast were you going and what kind of impact did they take?
rock.gif

He said he spent less than a $1000 to bring it back to mint, I doubt he got all new plastics.
smile.gif

He said he spent less than a $1000 to bring it back to mint, I doubt he got all new plastics.
smile.gif
You are exactly correct. Brand New/Used Right Side Fairing was bought from (rg1129dogs/Russell Green/Ebay) w/ no scratches or dings for $260 TMD. Tank and Rear Tail and Cowl are being fixed and Painted for $400 TMD/ I had to buy the paint from Color-Rite $150 for a pint and the other stuff that goes with the paint. $90 TMD for complete Rear brake Rear set, and gear change Rear set Bracket (Mark Sahba/Ebay). $61 for the complete gear change rearset from (sicksandtravel/Ebay). $100 TMD Subframe form(Mark Wipf/Ebay). I might get a new front fairing mount since mine bent about 1-2mm. . Frame sliders for $70 (Bikerz Finest). Don't ask me why I bought the 2 bases when I only needed one. I've been just buying. I bought a extra rearset beacuase I forgot about the other I already won. I lied $1131.So that put me over the $1000. Left fairng has a tiny scratch no need to replace, and the front fairing has a scratch next to the one on e left that is way to small to justify a new fairing....Wow

Yes BUT:

Correct, Salvage doesn't bother me. You can't replace the beast....I'm not getting rid of it, I'm keeping this puppy forever. Only adding to the stable (Ducati 999R 2006/Next Yr. or that top of the line MV Augusta don't know the number there are only 50 built worlwide though for each model yr. that is the one). Your right I could care less I'm into it for nothing....

Yes BUT:

it is not stated as a salvaged title when you buy the bike back from the insurance company, at least that is the way it is in Kansas.
I don't know how it works in Boston....

<!--EDIT|chowan24
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122638125 -->

Hey Rudy,
Since you made out so good can I have your scratched hump? I will pay shipping!
biggrin.gif

Also are those Vortex sliders? They look like they held up pretty well, how fast were you going and what kind of impact did they take?
rock.gif
My hump is getting fixed. I have a extra though. How about $10 plus shipping....I 've got to pay back my sticker money....
Vortex are the best. Speed around 25-30 MPHThe force that the bike flipped over w/ is the reason why the right base bent a little. Are bikes are to big and heavy for those novelty sliders. If the bike wouldn't had flipped I would had looking at left side damage only which was nothing....

Back