Bike insurance companys without owning a car!!

chrisjp

GM of Haya's in the Hills
Donating Member
Registered
ok guys quick and dirty...looking for cheapest insurance WITHOUT a car. not on same policy...no car period. my brother wants to get his bike back on the road. used to have a company truck till laid off so no vehicle (why pay for one if neighbors will give you rides to store once a week and cant look for work due to he is under contract to be available for 6 months after layoff and yes he is getting full pay) so again...what insurance company will cover a bike without you owning a auto and at a resonable rate. (no state farm wont even though he has house insurance and all his other car and bike insurance with them for past 20 years!!!!)

try a different SF agent.

I only have my bike with mine. House and cars are some where else.

I dont know why the agents have different polivies, but they do. I had a friend look into SF somewhere and they told him the same thing...he called my agent and was golden.

I dont know why the agents have different polivies, but they do. I had a friend look into SF somewhere and they told him the same thing...he called my agent and was golden.

Same here. I had only my bike with them until 2008 when I gave them the other bike, cars, trailer, and house. Some states may vary and there may be other issues. Depending on the bike, there may be other that are cheaper than SF. I don't think so if it is a Busa, however.

again our agent is state farm...spoke to them today...and they said once he gave up his car insurance policy...they wont cover him at decent rates untill he buys a car. something about underwritting crap...i asked them why they would chance loosing a 20 year customer who is obviously not bounceing around...technicalitys

I went with Progressive when I only insured my first 2 bikes. If you can State Farm will be the best route.

Chris,
I currently have Geico, but I just inquired about GMAC Insurance; they offered me the same rate as Geico, but with Full coverage, rather than just liability/comprehensive. I don't know anything about them, so I am not recomending them, just saying that they are out there.

+1 Only my busa with state farm, progressive on three other cruisers, farmers for the house cars trailers etc.

again...he dont own a car...they insisting even if he has car policy someplace else...HE MUST OWN AUTO. so again...where to get bike insurance when you dont own a vehicle? ps if you nj pa wv...try this one i got my brother a quote for 370 a year for his gsxr1000 15/30 750 deductable...
https://riderpos.net/iPOS_PROD/welcome.do

The best price i could find for just M/C insurance was Esurance. Can't speak of their quality though as i have not had to put in a claim. But the price can't be beat, unless you can get State Farm.

check with viking that's mine but my record not so good well until june that is then I'm in the clear. :cheerleader:

that's full coverage too my rate was like $100.00 a month

tust me i even threw that concept at the agent. with max deductables...to show them how silly it was.

I wonder why state farm varies from state to state,I have just the busa with state farm at $260 a year full coverage here in Indiana.

I know american family ins wanted over $200 month to insure it.

Good luck

I wonder why state farm varies from state to state,I have just the busa with state farm at $260 a year full coverage here in Indiana.

I know american family ins wanted over $200 month to insure it.

Good luck

Do you OWN a car though? I think the premise is that he does not own one, not that he doesn't have it insured through the same provider. That is if I am reading all this correctly....

Progressive will insure almost anybody, but at a steep price depending on a few variables.....but it's an option.

Good luck.

Do you OWN a car though? I think the premise is that he does not own one, not that he doesn't have it insured through the same provider. That is if I am reading all this correctly....

Progressive will insure almost anybody, but at a steep price depending on a few variables.....but it's an option.

Good luck.

I have my truck insured with another company,but they didnt ask about it when I insured the bike.

Back