Repairs and Insurance

FLCN72

Registered
Something like a month ago I had a little incident. A guy backed his car into my Busa at a stop sign and did a number on both sides of the bike. Car hits right side... Left side of bike hits ground...

Well... After all this time the insurance companies are finally getting around to helping me out. My insurance company has given me the go-ahead to order the replacement parts I need to get the Busa looking all pretty again. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks I'll have her back in near mint condition.

I'm going to end up with a bunch of used and slightly damaged stuff off the bike. Once I get all the replacement parts on, I'll post some pics of the damaged stuff... Then probably eBay those parts. More than likely this will include the front cowl, both right and left cowls, left mirror, and the Two Bros 4-2 exhaust system.

I can't believe how long this took. I guess neither insurance company deals with bikes all that much. But at least they didn't total it and repairs can start soon.

Glad to hear they're going to pay. I hope They pay the cost to bring it back to mint. A lot of times ins. co. try to be cheap about repair costs.
crazy.gif

Yeah, they are being cheap. The original estimate from the local dealer was a lot more than I am being given. But some of the tiny little scrapes I am willing to live with, so no big deal.

What year is yer bike, and how long have you had it for?
The way I see it, if the bike was mint when it was hit, the ins company should replace every damaged part no question.
It was none of your fault at all........get that baby lookin brand spankin again dude.

What year is yer bike, and how long have you had it for?
The way I see it, if the bike was mint when it was hit, the ins company should replace every damaged part no question.
It was none of your fault at all........get that baby lookin brand spankin again dude.
I agree 100% don't settle for less then what it was before you got hit.
redcomprs2.gif
Milk him for everything it takes to make it right.

Yeah chief, what comapny are you with, let us know so we can stay away from them.
Personally I'd go to bat with them if it was no fault of yours they need to bring it back to the condition it was at before....are you going with your own insurance or are you claiming off of the dude that backed into you ?
Danny

Mint no less...If I remember your bike was new...The insurance should cover everything completely...You should be able to put a little to the side...

Back