Turbo's and Insurance.....

bazooki

Registered
I have just lately been surfing some of the insurance company's/brokers websites getting quotes for this years insurance and I noticed that they all seem to have a question on the form about whether the bike has a turbo. Maybe it's because I am just noticing now because I am thinking about adding a turbo in the future but what is the result of checking off this option on the insurance quote application? Do the companies refuse to offer coverage on turbo bikes or is it just an excuse to double your payments? How long has this been a question on insurance apps?

Not sure on that one. I have never filled out a form for ins. just call my agent and tell them what I want to put it on. I have a turbo but I didn't tell them that:whistle:

Be careful. IF you get in an accident or the bike is stolen, your insurance may reserve the right to NOT cover your losses/damages if you didn't tell them the bike had an aftermarket turbo. I know it's bogus, but let's face it, they don't WANT to write YOU a check. Don't give them the excuse.

Very true....I have heard tales of guys working the wrench in the wrecking yards taking parts off bikes/cars so that the insurance investigators won't see the bits that conflict with the info on the forms. They really do go out of their way NOT to pay you and pretty much any reason will do. This is a reason you see cars at the autox with tape over their licence plates.

Back