Damage Estimate Done....

Monty

Registered
Aight,

Just got a call from my stealership giving me the damage estimate on my busa.

I'm looking at a new front wheel, bearings and seals and a new front tire.  No damage to the forks or anything else.  They want $835 total to do the repair, $547 for parts and $288 for labor.  I checked Ron Ayers and they would be $495 for the parts.

My question:  how hard would it be to change out the front wheel for a new (or used) one?  I have no idea how to do the bearings, and obviously I'd have to have a shop mount and balance the new tire....but I'm not afraid of taking it on myself either provided its a reasonable task.

Anys special tools required that I would have to take into account?

Thanks,
Monty

It is not hard at all but, having all of the tools that may be necessary is important. You can run up on small problems. I would call and ask someone how much to put in the bearings & seals, mount and balance the tire. Take the tire off your self, mount the new one on later. You do not need to change anything over but the rotors, you can take them off and put them on the new one when you get it.

If you get a used wheel the bearings might already be in it. If not I think they can be pressed in for under $20. The rotors are just bolt on and it would cost about $20 to mount the tire on the rim.

If you get a used wheel the bearings might already be in it.

I was just thinking that myself. That would pretty much make it a no-brainer.  What is the life of the wheel bearings?  If I'm looking at a used wheel that has the bearings in it, is there a cut off point as far as mileage where I'd be better off spending the cash to get new bearings in it? My bike only has 1400 miles on it so I don't want a huge discrepancy between the front bearings and the rest of it as far as longevity is concerned....

Monty,

I work at a Suzuki dealership as well. We install bearings, seals and new tires all the time and ship them out. Shoot me an email and I will see wht I can do for you.

Kevin
info@mrcycles.com

Hey VMAN what a new busa cost at your dealership... wouldn't happen to be Waynesville cycle would it?? I'm up in that area all the time..may have to try and catch you for lunch someday

Dezzy,

I work at MR in Asheville(www.mrcycles.com). If you are ever over this way drop me a line. I dont work in the sales department and have no idea on what kind of deal they could get for you. I run the wholesale parts department.

Kevin
info@mrcycles.com

<!--EDIT|vman1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1087421878 -->

Back