Weirdness today

xzvs

Registered
I stalled my 05 busa at a red light (well actually it had turned green) grabbed the clutch and hit the starter and it went -- ruh----ruh-- hit it again -- nothing -- 3rd attempt it cranked slowly but fired off. I had been riding for an hour or so. Anyway, starts fine now

A loose ground wire will usually cause the gauges to freak out. That didn't happen. Could be a heat soak problem with the starter (would need an ammeter on it while it happened to verify) or the injection goofing up on the spark timing. I may need to adjust the idle too. Hoping it was just a freak thing, but was wondering if anyone else ever experienced it. I had a damn cement truck right behind me and a helmet on so did not get a good audio reference on it. Its not that huge a deal as it did start -- just makes me wonder
Just did the marble mod too , but don't know if/how that could tie in.

<!--EDIT|xzvs
Reason for Edit: "nerver lernt to spel"|1131256620 -->

Almost exactly what you described - turned out to be a bad battery (which was pretty old anyway).

I stopped for a minute to talk to someone and shut her off. Could barely start her after a few tries. Thinking back, this condition was worsening in time. and, at some point I couldn't start her at all. I would charge the battery overnight, and she would fire up, but a week later the same thing would happen.

With the new battery for many months now, and no problem.

I think the way the battery goes bad is in the area of cranking power.

This happened to me also and I agree with IG on the cause about it being a bad battery.

I had been riding for about a half hour and barely cranked over after a few minutes of being off.

This was caused by my own stupidity by using the kill switch to shut her down and not removing the key twice in 3 weeks time draining the battery completely.

I trickle charged it over night both times.

It's been starting fine for the last month so I will get a new one in the spring.

Back