Red light stall and warming up time

Hey everyone I was coming off the freeway to a red light. I usually have it in neutral and I actually haven’t stalled a bike in five years lol. I know it’s probably not the best to do to the motor but it probably doesn’t hurt it. I’m just asking because when it stalled because I let off the clutch thinking it was in neutral. I pulled in the clutch to start it and it was clicking over really slow with the oil pressure light coming on and didn’t start. So I did it a second time and it slowly started is this normal after it stalls? It’s a 2020 with 60 miles on her. Also, warming the bike up time? I was reading so people warm it up until the fan comes on? Thanks

Last edited:
Mine did this one time and one time only with about 500 miles on my 2019. After it stalled it was having a really hard time turning over. Turned everything off, put the key back in and she cranked over but just barely. It’s never happened since.

Mine did this one time and one time only with about 500 miles on my 2019. After it stalled it was having a really hard time turning over. Turned everything off, put the key back in and she cranked over but just barely. It’s never happened since.
Yeah I find it really strange. My zx6r would start right up.

It should start right back up. Being brand new the likelihood of anything wrong is low except the battery.

Reguarding warm up, put your leathers and boots on start bike put helmet and gloves on fire up the radar detector and ride off, not flat out redline just take it easy , and besides you need a bit of temp in the tyres as well. Of course if its like 0 deg then yeah and extra minute or two then ease into it.

Never heard about waiting for the fan to come on for a Busa or BKing or any other modern 2000 + year bikes for that matter.

it and it was clicking over really slow with the oil pressure light coming on and didn’t start. So I did it a second time and it slowly started is this normal after it stalls?

It should start right back up. Being brand new the likelihood of anything wrong is low except the battery.

I can't remember ever stalling mine but I'd say after stalling, it should start just the same as if you shut the motor down hot and then restarted it.

My guess is that is a battery giving you warning signs. I wonder if you got a bad battery. I would test it and bring it to the dealership if it turns out to be bad. DO NOT bring your bike in to a dealership for a simple battery test or replacement.

Reguarding warm up, put your leathers and boots on start bike put helmet and gloves on fire up the radar detector and ride off, not flat out redline just take it easy , and besides you need a bit of temp in the tyres as well. Of course if its like 0 deg then yeah and extra minute or two then ease into it.

Never heard about waiting for the fan to come on for a Busa or BKing or any other modern 2000 + year bikes for that matter.
I do the same. Start her up, put on helmet/backpack/etc, and then swing it side to side in the neighborhood to warm up the tires. Let her run at least 45secs or more to move the oil around. I usually have to use the "fast idle" to hold it at 1500RPM on a cold start as it sounds rough on a cold idle...take it off of that after 30secs and she holds at 1000-1100RPM

I get all my gear on except my gloves and start mine (no fast idle on gen 2), I put on my gloves and then push it out of the garage, once I close up the garage, it's warm enough to ride. I ride it quietly and slowly out of my neighborhood (as to not piss off neighbors), by that time it is warmed up.

I can't remember ever stalling mine but I'd say after stalling, it should start just the same as if you shut the motor down hot and then restarted it.

My guess is that is a battery giving you warning signs. I wonder if you got a bad battery. I would test it and bring it to the dealership if it turns out to be bad. DO NOT bring your bike in to a dealership for a simple battery test or replacement.
I can only ride it about once a week right now because of the fires. It starts pretty slow but it starts. I just find it weird as soon as it died it wouldn’t start but it started about 10 seconds after that.

The battery I used to the very end did that. It gave warning signs for a few starts and then it just died. The good thing is that you don't need the battery to run the bike. As long as you are home when you shut it down, you won't end up stranded.

There has been a history of bad rectifier/regulators on these bikes. I have an 08 and there has been at least two recalls for that. If it's the rectifier/regulator, there might be a more serious problem. I'd say you should have the most recent regulator/rectifier if its a 2020.

Hot starts are very different than cold starts. My slightly used bike turned over slowly when hot. It barely started but was not inspiring. I swapped batteries with my other bike and it is now fine. I had a retail guy load test the battery and it passed but he could not tell me anything about the test (test time, load current, etc.), he just pushed the button on the tester. The battery works fine on the VFR, and that gets roasting hot where the battery is.

Your battery may have been prepped incorrectly or it was not left on a tender after being prepped and thus it drained to a level that causes internal damage. Note that someone might be able to continue to use it on a smaller vehicle.

Has anyone installed larger gauge battery/starter wiring while not changing battery technology? I wonder if that alone would help hot starts.

Great timing. Of course.

I rode yesterday. Leaving the garage I left the kickstand down and it shutdown when I let out the clutch. The restart was slow. What the heck? That is a cold engine. I plead total ignorance.

Back