Webike Japan

To be honest, I don't enjoy all out speed that much. When you get to 160 mph + on public roads you are essentially a projectile, and your survival has less to do with your skill with each additional mile per hour. Like most, you can't ride a Busa and not taste the surreal world of warp speed, but sooner or later something is going to go wrong.

I love more rational speeds and though arguably more dangerous than a well considered blast to escape velocity, it fills the senses and challenges your perception in a way that is addictive.

And that my friends, is a confession from The Slow Rider......

PS: there is nothing on TV tonight!

To be honest, I don't enjoy all out speed that much. When you get to 160 mph + on public roads you are essentially a projectile, and your survival has less to do with your skill with each additional mile per hour. Like most, you can't ride a Busa and not taste the surreal world of warp speed, but sooner or later something is going to go wrong.

I love more rational speeds and though arguably more dangerous than a well considered blast to escape velocity, it fills the senses and challenges your perception in a way that is addictive.

And that my friends, is a confession from The Slow Rider......

PS: there is nothing on TV tonight!

I'm there with you, I rarely go fast on my bike or any of my other bikes. I can ride and ride fast if I want to but more times than not, it is the joy of the ride which is important to me.

I've spent time on a track and did a RACE course (Canadian Superbike course) a long time ago, going fast on a track was fun but everyone on that track had the same training and knew what to do.

It sure isn't the same on the street when a blue hair pulls out in front of you or you get hard into a tight corner and come across a tractor...

If you live in parts of the the US that have those long un policed straight roads mostly seen in youtube footage , or if you can easily access those amazing highway also seen in youtube roll races , and you desire to also race , then a killer Busa turbo build makes a lot of sense and worthwhile .
To have the available US choices of both kits and reputable builders , makes the whole idea of turbo , definitely a good option for pursuit of your ultimate speed machine .
But some of us don't have access to those sort of roads to ride because they just aren't there , and any that are are heavily policed patrolled as well as latest point to point camera systems .
There are some of us however , lucky enough to have easy access to local hill country or canyon roads , and that is where we ride our Busa etc. . That is where I ride my L2 , as I have all my motorcycles I have ever owned , my entire road riding life . In those same hills I might come across a ZX14 or H2 , and I can tell you first hand none of them are top ending their rides full time out there , and after my favorite ride sections are completed , those boys are catching up to chat and look the L2 over .
So to enjoy those types of roads , in relative safely , a rider has to always be aware of road surfaces and other road users , then also be confident in their own abilities and know their bike well .
I think a milder HP option is what I also don't really need.... , but that is what I will seek if any updates are made to the L2 motor . I built that bike to handle as close to as best as I can , so I can ride and enjoy a built bike the way I like , for the roads I regularly ride .
Here in Iowa lots of long straight roads.

Back