Guided Motorcycle Tours

steelhead

Registered
Warning: This is only an idea.

I get the feeling there are Hayabusa riders all over the world that converge on this board.

I, for one, reside in Korea.

Couldn't we make some extra income by organizing guided motorcycle tours throughout the world parceled out by sales territories?

Each territory is represented by a Hayabusa participant.  

We set aside a certain date we can do the tour per year in the region we live in, post all our tour info up on one website that indicates who is willing to act as a tour master for which place at which time, and charge a fee for our services should there be interested tourists.

I see guided motorcycle tours charging $4500 USD for Japan for 8 days. We could essentially provide a global network of motorcycle tour operators, who incidentally ride...Hayabusas.  Tourists would ride lesser bikes, of course, since we don't want to kill them, but the foundations are already here.

It would be an association of sorts and not really a business organization per se. We could donate portions of our revenues to this board and centralize our info here and on the associated website.

Anyone had this thought before?

-SteelHead
lurk.gif

Great idea. A little late, but great idea. See the Pashnit link.........
wow.gif

(Kweave @ Oct. 07 2006,12:14) Great idea. A little late, but great idea. See the Pashnit link.........
wow.gif
but his is just he PNW ....no?

I think this 'person/ is talking about a GLOBAL DOMINATION BY HAYABUSAS!

well...as far a some touring in each participants region goes.

I'll be damned if there's anybody in FL offering BUSA guided tours.

That's my point BusaCruise.

There are so many Hayabusa riders here that span the world. We are all connected by Hayabusa and riding.  We could basically cover the world in destinations and organize a network of tour operators.

For example, you want to visit California, talk to Pashnit. You want to see ..(wherever)...talk to ..(whoever)... .  Baby boomers, foreigners, and vacationers who want to do a state by state motorcycle tour could be referred to other regional Hayabusa riders according to a trip calendar. I see people who want to make some extra income, and their love of riding is all consuming, so why not set out certain days on an organized calendar. If there are takers, open up that time slot. No takers, carry on as usual.

If the idea takes off, then it becomes a business for each member in his representative region. Imagine a prospective tourist checks the website for guided tours, and there is a global listing of active Hayabusa riders offering guided tours on such date and time. What other site does that so comprehensively?

I see some outfits charging $4500 USD per head to people touring Japan (airfare, gas, tandem, food ALL extra). They pay all costs related to road tolls. What the tourist gets is a bike, which ain't even pretty (for 8 days or so).

I'll check out Pashnit.

Only an idea...
super.gif

I hear you, but it would have to be a business venture for each regional entrepreneur ... basically you're describing a "pashnit-like" business in several regions, but I think you mentioned that person would provide the bikes. Now that part would take some serious capital investment to cover all of the upfront business expenses. The "pashnit" business model is less expensive.

And yes ... a menber here has already included motorcycle guided tours for the D.C. Metro area in his business portfolio.

I've heard of local dealerships that rent out bikes. I see that's how some tour operators make bikes available without laying out huge capital costs.

If you have enough local connections, that is.

I am in Bosnia I have bikes and gear ready to go... Yeah it don't sound like much going on here but I tell you the riding environment here is fantastic and only getting better..
For the record I didn't even know about Pashnit when I made the investment in the bikes.
My Busa
k1 GSXR1000
k4 CBR600rr
99 Katana 750
and a few cruisers on the way from the US.

(steelhead @ Oct. 07 2006,04:14) Couldn't we make some extra income by organizing guided motorcycle tours throughout the world parceled out by sales territories?
Steel - now that I think about this, by interrputing what you're suggesting in a real world scenario...

What you've got is a Pashnit Motorcycle Tours franchise that you can purchase, and get underway immediately using the successful business model of the Pashnit Tours, plus piggy-back on the 'Pashnit' name.

Probably a couple years away, but it's a viable idea.

muscle.gif

Back