Webike Japan

Cpt_Caveman

Registered
I've seen a lot of comments going through the search on Webike Japan, but wanted to get some firsthand info.
Is Webike Japan reputable? No problems in using them, or big issues? They've got some parts I'm looking for, but even the website is broken English throughout. Wanting to know it's safe before I make some purchases. Thanks for the info

I have not dealt with them personally but I have heard it is a reputable supplier. They have a huge amount of unique stuff to search through. I was considering buying a rear brake bracket from them. I know another guy who went through with the purchase and I heard no complaints. If the site is broken, that is no reflection on their integrity. Try customer service email when the site is working. I got very precise info on weight of stuff even without packaging. I would order from them.

I've seen a lot of comments going through the search on Webike Japan, but wanted to get some firsthand info.
Is Webike Japan reputable? No problems in using them, or big issues? They've got some parts I'm looking for, but even the website is broken English throughout. Wanting to know it's safe before I make some purchases. Thanks for the info
Think you are good I have not had the pleasure of making a purchase from them. My only problem is the price of the parts & shipping cost; some parts may be worth it due to the rarity but many I can live without or find else where. Now Toad can tell you the ends and outs of the site probably KLM too. If I had the coin I would make a select few purchases from them but for now just put down napkins in front of the keyboard for the drooling problem.

I purchased my Yoshamura aluminum tank through Webike. I sent then a little over 2000 dollars through PayPal. I have no complaints, Their service, communication and unique selection of components are second to none. I highly recommend them.

Two thumbs up.

cheers
ken

I had a good and not so good experience. The hanger arm for my rear brake went through fine, got it in a couple weeks. But they kept canceling my order on the caliper and then asked me for a picture of my credit card, at which point I called and reported it to the card's fraud alert. Never heard whether it was a fraud or not but ended up buying the part from MotoWheels, good price and quick. They have great stuff on Webike, but if you have a problem I think the whole system is automated so it's hard to resolve anything. So I'm not going to blast the site, but I won't buy from them again unless I have to.

As far a shipping goes I believe if you are in the USA at least if you know someone you can get military personnel who may be stationed in Japan to order it and mail it via The Military Post.
That is what I have heard at least.
c10 and a number of others here may know more about that sort of thing

Never had a bad issue with Webike , the postage options (many) can be expensive , but on par with anything offered in the US to ship across the pond .
In my experience , I only buy what I like obviously , but that is usually hard to find / special parts , certainly not easily obtained , so rare , and even if stocked in another country , will be more expensive to buy from the other country . For instance the underslung rear brake hanger like @fallenarch purchased for Gen 2 , a rare mod for owners of Gen 2 to do , so hard to find elsewhere . But , unlike Arch initial attempt at purchase , I would of sourced the Brembo caliper (easily obtained worldwide ) for a much better price elsewhere .
Another example , I would not buy Ohlins from them , also not buy any wheels from them , unless I wanted Galespeed rims . I would buy Ohlins etc. from the US. or the EU. or even sometimes AU. , because they are readily available from those places and always cheaper .
Webike is best for first hand access to Japanese manufactured parts , rare to exotic like @kml beautiful Yoshimura tank , or my L2's swingarm , and can be relied upon to deliver once posted .
Always a good idea to request an estimate on when next in stock , and although the product reviews are often generically posted with little or no reference to the product , try to read any real reviews on products you are interested in . Good luck and good hunting .

I'm assuming you mean me, not KLM the Royal Dutch Airline. I am a little over weight, but this is the first time I have been compared to multiple jet airliners... On the other hand, maybe it is a compliment, as I do fly fast, can carry a load and regularly pass slower "airplanes"...

LOL

cheers
ken
My mistake & yes kml since you have those forbidden parts.

Never had a bad issue with Webike , the postage options (many) can be expensive , but on par with anything offered in the US to ship across the pond .
In my experience , I only buy what I like obviously , but that is usually hard to find / special parts , certainly not easily obtained , so rare , and even if stocked in another country , will be more expensive to buy from the other country . For instance the underslung rear brake hanger like @fallenarch purchased for Gen 2 , a rare mod for owners of Gen 2 to do , so hard to find elsewhere . But , unlike Arch initial attempt at purchase , I would of sourced the Brembo caliper (easily obtained worldwide ) for a much better price elsewhere .
Another example , I would not buy Ohlins from them , also not buy any wheels from them , unless I wanted Galespeed rims . I would buy Ohlins etc. from the US. or the EU. or even sometimes AU. , because they are readily available from those places and always cheaper .
Webike is best for first hand access to Japanese manufactured parts , rare to exotic like @kml beautiful Yoshimura tank , or my L2's swingarm , and can be relied upon to deliver once posted .
Always a good idea to request an estimate on when next in stock , and although the product reviews are often generically posted with little or no reference to the product , try to read any real reviews on products you are interested in . Good luck and good hunting .
See your L2 picture of the bike/ G-Striker swingarm on the Webike site. Nice, I knew it was your ride right away. That thing is like a months pay for me DAM but oh so nice Toad.

Yes , was an expensive piece , but I'd sold off some parts to a mate at xmas , and I'd already been contemplating that arm for well over a year by the time I actually pulled the trigger on it . The Striker / G Craft team got onto it real quick for me , so thought I gave them a plug , as I was expecting a fair amount of time to wait on that piece . They got it done a whole lot sooner , so they got an English language translation review .
The option of blacked out ceramic coat , (and not anodized black) , convinced me to take a risk and go for the exact opposite natural / buffed , with the added job of then matching it all up on the already mostly black L2 ...
Anyway , chassis / handling mods is fairly all done ....except I am looking at an aluminum tank , or maybe 1000 tail section ( that said to remove 10 kg from stock ) , or forget it and onto the original plans ....

Hey @ROADTOAD1340 if you do get it blown that would be a even more special bike. Turbo guys seem to mostly focus on going straight. Using this amazing bike as a base would create a new level of bike. Didn't you say you were thinking about a stage 1.
Thinking about it bro , this option over a built motor for sure . But right now everything is on hold while I decide on a few things . This bike would be something extra for sure with that..... a couple of options , the TTS stealth job looks interesting but not much info on that , and of course the US option is of interest too . Be making inquiries when I decide on my set path ...

Webike Japan are good folk,

Purchased a few hard to get items they advertised. Said would be available at a very good price, in 60 days. Spent the money, placed the order, and in a week past 60 days, parts arrived. They still email me with advertisements, and a points balance I haven't used. Top notch customer service. :super:

Spudley.

Back