Wear your gear Please!!!

PocketRocket

Donating Member
Registered
I've read a couple post lately where members have wrecked their bikes, Some / most got lucky and lived , Lots visit the hospital.. .
Over the past couple of months in the little town I live in ,there has been at least 8 people either killed ( most) or seriously injured. Mostly from cars not seeing them or the people in the cars were Drunk- hi or just to goofy to drive. Most Riders didnt have on any gear. Proper gear may or may not have helped . It sure wouldnt hurt to wear it...
Life is too short to be laid up in a bed in pain , Hoping to ride again. SO PLEASE WEAR YOUR GEAR! Its cheaper than a week off work & meds. to help the healing process.
I guess I wrote this topic because of the thread I read about the gentleman that wrecked his 08, another is in the Hospital and a guy I know has been in the hospital for 2 months and has about 3-4 months to go!

Its really Common -sence to wear it, BUT yet maybe its not so common anymore? Its taken 20 years for me to get the nerve to ride again. ( I was messed up ) but it could have been worse & when I see someone without gear on or hear about someone in an accident on the bike , It makes my skin crawl..

As they say: "better to sweat than to bleed"

In Jeddah it gets to 120 sometimes, only a few days of the summer!!

ATTGATT! Even when I ride in 100+ degree weather. Leather riding jacket, full helmet, gloves, heavy britches and boots.

Another Killed yesterday , 10 miles from here ON a BUSA! . I mean its like 9 people in 8 weeks !! & the county has like 10K people in it... I dont understand whats going on lately !! I dont think I'll ride for a couple weeks , I'll wait for the cloud of Dumb to finish passing over...

Back