Gear Up survey

Posser

Registered
C&P from another forum:
"The Gear Up! Project has just put up a short survey to help manufacturers, safety organizations, and the Gear Up! Project to better understand the choices you've made when it comes to safety gear.

With your help, manufacturers will be encouraged to make more of the good looking, comfortable, and safe gear that you'll be most likely to wear.

Please take a couple minutes to fill this out, and, if you're on any other forums, consider encouraging the readers there to fill it out too. The more responses we get the more accurate the data will be.

Thanks in advance."

Gear Up! Project Survey

pretty comprehensive but outside of making laws that force guys to suit up, I just do not understand how you can get someone dumb enough to ride in shorts and flip flops to put on a pair of shoes and good riding pants..

(and I took this last night)

DSC00260.jpg

pretty comprehensive but outside of making laws that force guys to suit up, I just do not understand how you can get someone dumb enough to ride in shorts and flip flops to put on a pair of shoes and good riding pants..

(and I took this last night)

+1 and it doesn't matter what make of motorcycle he is riding!!!! :thumbsup:

I saw 10 - 15 sportbikes going down the highway this past weekend, and more than half of them had on shorts, helmet, with NO shirts !! Oh wait, they did have them, HANGING OUT OF THEIR BACK POCKETS

Safe gear is really the easiest thing my wife will "allow" me to purchase without the "do you really need this" talk. I'd much rather buy a safe helmet than loud A** pipes anyway, can't hear the pipes with a severe brain injury. :rulez:

+1 on not making laws to push it. When I was sliding down the road at 35-40 I was thankful I was wearing good gear. It still hurt like hell, but I didn't need a skin graft after. My foot got trapped under my bike during the slide. If I wasn't wearing proper boots I would have lost part of my ankle bone. My helmet had a big gash right at the temple. I hate to think what that would have done.

I got most of my road rash and concussions during my dirt bike days. I wasn't so smart in those days. :whistle:

All the fall's on dirtbike's and the one I took on a friend's street bike(with no gear) a long time ago.I like to wear gear.It's almost my second favorite thing to do.

Back