We are doomed...

Twobrothersbusa

Team Gixxer Racing; IDMBT #1
Donating Member
Registered
Carney responding to a question from a reporter actually states that extending unemployment benefits is a way to create jobs. It is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Man these "leaders" are ticking me off. Stop giving away my money! STOP STOP STOP just STOP!!!

I have typed these kinds of messages before and just deleted them before I hit submit. Not this time...sorry guys and gals just venting.

"I understand why extending unemployment insurance provides relief to people who need it, but how does that create jobs," Wall Street Journal's Laura Meckler asked Jay Carney at Wednesday's WH briefing.

Carney responded: "Oh, uh, it is by, uh, I would expect a reporter from the Wall Street Journal would know this as part of the entrance exam."

"There are few other ways that can directly put money into the economy than applying unemployment insurance," Carney said.

Carney answers the question: "It is one of the most direct ways to infuse money directly into the economy because people who are unemployed and obviously aren't running a paycheck are going to spend the money that they get. They're not going to save it, they're going to spend it. And with unemployment insurance, that way, the money goes directly back into the economy, dollar for dollar virtually."

"Every place that, that money is spent has added business and that creates growth and income for businesses that leads them to decisions about jobs, more hiring. So, there are few other ways that can directly put money into the economy than applying unemployment insurance, Carney said.

Carney says President Obama is pushing for unemployment benefits to be extended "as we continue to emerge from this recession."

Carney also says this is only one item of a "variety of things to grow the economy and create jobs."

WELFARE_stimulusbill.jpg

Sadly, he's right, but he's also sooooo wrong...

Then why bother working? Jeez where do we get these bozo's....

So he's saying I'll spend more money when I'm on unemployment than I will when I'm working and making more money. Interesting...

:banghead:

Idiot.

EXACTLY. Why work, you're paying me to stay unemployed and I'm providing a service cause I'm creating jobs by spending money I didn't earn.

The thing that I truely do not understand is that an educated person actually thinks this is a solution.

Sadly, he's right, but he's also sooooo wrong...

Then why bother working? Jeez where do we get these bozo's....

I heard that in the UK, unemployment benefits never end. I hope they aren't trying to extend it like that here. What a disaster this administration is. These are scary times.

Maybe Newman will show up and speak to this. If they never end, why would anyone be motivated to work?

I heard that in the UK, unemployment benefits never end. I hope they aren't trying to extend it like that here. What a disaster this administration is. These are scary times.

I'm happy. Just quit my job and will get my first check in two weeks :)

Don't know about you but I'm voting for Obama next year. I kinda of like the idea of a permanently paid vacation. Come on lifetime unemployment, yeah!

I don't like the title "unemployed"...

I'm going to call myself employment challenged..

you know whats funny is that there is alot of work out there. like for instance we here at coleman are looking for qualified help in maintenance. we have 3 positions open. have been open for some time now. we did have 4 pos. open. we have hired 1 man in 3 months.

why can we not fill these positions?

I'm happy. Just quit my job and will get my first check in two weeks :)

Don't know about you but I'm voting for Obama next year. I kinda of like the idea of a permanently paid vacation. Come on lifetime unemployment, yeah!

Don't think they kick in for peeps that quit or get fired :banghead:

The heck with unemployment. I have been officially diagnosed with Workaphobia....sign me up for my monthly disability check!

It is just sad. When our govt gives tax breaks to companies that have most of their employees overseas. Cut out that stuff and start giving tax breaks to companies that keep their employees here in the USA. Then you will start seeing some recovery and growth. I am no expert, but these clowns have got to go!

We have to start voting these clowns out of office and we need to find some true patriots to run this country again!

That is why they are talking about taking military retirements away from us, so they can pay unemployment until death. Great, so punish the hard working people of the nation and reward the dead beats that don't want to get a job.

I understand and support the need for unemployment, but not for extended periods of time. Get the hell out of the house and get a job.

When you have been unemployed for the current two years of benefits...it's time for a career change.

That is why they are talking about taking military retirements away from us, so they can pay unemployment until death. Great, so punish the hard working people of the nation and reward the dead beats that don't want to get a job.

I understand and support the need for unemployment, but not for extended periods of time. Get the hell out of the house and get a job.

Back