Is it finally time to use the dreaded D-word? (DEPRESSION)

RECESSION is when your neighbor loses his job

DEPRESSION is when you lose your job

and

RECOVERY is when Obama loses his job

This seems appropriate.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I work for a mental health HMO and we are seeing such and influx of members needing help!

Let me dig up that crystal ball :laugh: Yes, the depression will end when the media says it has ended. :whistle:

Whats funny is the media is saying the problems is that people are not spending but saving.. Um hello,, thats how it should be.. Save your money, dont buy stuff you cant afford. Not rocket science folks.

Whats funny is the media is saying the problems is that people are not spending but saving.. Um hello,, thats how it should be.. Save your money, dont buy stuff you cant afford. Not rocket science folks.

and of course years ago all you heard was that people were spending too much and they were preaching that people should be saving more money.

I love the last sentence of the article.

The end of American hyperconsumption? I suspect not. We have a demonstrated talent of forgetting what happened six months, a year, or a decade ago.

Whats sad is 10 years ago I was 23, making roughly 50K with over time living in a one bed room apt, driving a new car, had 3 bikes, top of the line tv home theater, leather couches 3000 dollar bed, I had it all I thought. Until I figured out i was spending money to make a credit company rich..

I paid everything off, sold the new car for what I owed, and started saving money and investing it in different things.

Now im 33 I own 2 homes ( one being a 5 unit condo complex) my only bills are my elec, water, and cable. My kids college fund is paid for, I invest 50% of my take home pay,and pay my taxes..

But now i am the bad guy in the eyes of people who dont try. Funny I thought i was living the American dream.

how long did it take for them to finally admit and say the "R" word.... It'll take even longer for them to say let alone admit to the "D" word. :moon:

Back