Presidental Election Question ?

Bosshound

Donating Member
Registered
America Voted so it is what it is....................Why Obama ? I just don't understand. Our Debt is Larger. Unemployment Higher. Gas Prices are Higher. If you owned America and I was Obama.................

I think I would Deserve to be FIRED !!! I did not do my Job !!! Why give me 4 more years with your Money. YES.....................YOUR MONEY !!! That means if and when I Fail again. It's with YOUR MONEY !!!

Robert

No matter who would have been elected in 08 gas prices still would have been higher, the national debt would have still gotten larger and people would have still lost jobs.

I'm not a political supporter but anyone that believes one man is the reason were in the position were in is CRAZY. There is a plethora of reasons and politicians that got is here.

I would have voted against Obama had I voted, not cause I think he's the problem, but cause I've been riding this roller coaster ride for a while, I wanted to try a different roller coaster ride.

Why...........? Seriously :deadhorse: election is over Romney lost fair n square. Whether you voted for or against President Obama it is what it is and your stuck with him and the Democratic party for the next 4years. Why ask why? Does it matter? Its over and done with. Can we not just move on and start talking about Hayabusas on a Hayabusa forum? :banghead:

America Voted so it is what it is....................Why Obama ? I just don't understand. Our Debt is Larger. Unemployment Higher. Gas Prices are Higher. If you owned America and I was Obama.................

I think I would Deserve to be FIRED !!! I did not do my Job !!! Why give me 4 more years with your Money. YES.....................YOUR MONEY !!! That means if and when I Fail again. It's with YOUR MONEY !!!

Robert

in case you didnt know...the president title isn't as cut out as everyone makes it seem....The president doesn't have magical levers in the white house that magically lower gas prices and lower debt. Yes the president can help sway things but he cannot absolutely control everything. If romney were to have taken office the gas prices and debt could both very easily gone up just as easy on him also and then ppl would be saying how he isnt doing his "JOB"

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse over loose fiscal policy, (which is) always followed by a dictatorship."
Prof. Alexander Frazer Tytler

"The historical cycle seems to be: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to complacency; From complacency to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage."
H. W. Prentis

I'm not surprised that Obama was re-elected.

What I am curious to see is whether or not Obama will continue to advertise with your tax dollars in Mexico as how to get free government support such as food stamps once the travelers (Legal or not) from Mexico reach America? If the ads are discontinued will that mean he was pandering to the Hispanic vote with your money? :dunno:

Only time will tell if the decline of America continues throughout the next four years? Let's hope not!

This is the politics thread. ???

Why...........? Seriously :deadhorse: election is over Romney lost fair n square. Whether you voted for or against President Obama it is what it is and your stuck with him and the Democratic party for the next 4years. Why ask why? Does it matter? Its over and done with. Can we not just move on and start talking about Hayabusas on a Hayabusa forum? :banghead:

Well, there is no magic. Things happen for a reason.
'lower debt'
We can say 'The President' is 'The Government' at least the first 2 year approximately since he had majorities in 2 out of the 3 branches of government, both sides of the legislative branch. He could have passed a budget that did lower debt or 'decrease' the 'increase' in debt and deficit. He didn't, he/they actually increased it. He increased it purposefully for the past four years.

'lower gas prices'
You are correct, 'government' or president can't lower 'prices' for anything. What they can do is increase prices for anything they choose. The government now has the power to regulate and or tax anything whether you buy it or not now based on the affordable health care act, supreme court decision. IOW, they can now tax you for NOT BUYING SOMETHING. If they chose to, they can increase the price of sugar if they chose to tomorrow. This is a fact and there are many examples of it in history, particularly in the last four years. Gas prices are a good example of this. Even if there were no regulations or banning or international competition etc.. of oil and gas .. government can still add taxes and fees to it. This happens in foreign countries with regularity.

The above are facts. You can debate or argue whether it's happened or not or who did it but HELL YES GOVERNMENT / PRESIDENT CAN MAKE THINGS INCREASE in costs. Not decrease. Only a system LIKE capitalism can make prices DECREASE or go down in price.

When the government does do price fixing, usually there are shortages. Circa communist societies where this is common. Right now you see shortages of gas, rationing even though we have stockpiles of gas due in storm hit regions of the east coast. Funny enough, this happened when the peanut farmer fixed gas prices during his administration.

Have a Good Weekend :cheerleader:

in case you didnt know...the president title isn't as cut out as everyone makes it seem....The president doesn't have magical levers in the white house that magically lower gas prices and lower debt. Yes the president can help sway things but he cannot absolutely control everything. If romney were to have taken office the gas prices and debt could both very easily gone up just as easy on him also and then ppl would be saying how he isnt doing his "JOB"

Yes it is the politics thread............... before the election it was the bash Obama the country is doomed if he is elected Vote for Romney! Well election came and gone and Obama won and now the President Obama bashing continues. The point I was trying to make was He won get over it already :whistle:

He or his team were better campaigners . They offered amnesty to illegal aliens , and scared women into thinking that romney was gonna reverse the last 50 years of supreme court rulings and legalize rape. Oh well :laugh:

According to the pundits the republican party is too white, too male, and too old ............... screw me :laugh:

Where do I get my obama phone? Can't beat them, join them.

Actually Bush phone is more appropriate since it was 2005 when it was expanded, Obama has nothing to do with it, actually had been around since 1985 despite what those fox folks and drudge report would like people to believe, this is the main reason the party lost the popular and electoral, they have to focus on facts and not scare tactics and other decisive fiction.

Here you go
Lifeline Program for Low-Income Consumers | FCC.gov
Since 1985, the Lifeline program has provided a discount on phone service for qualifying low-income consumers to ensure that all Americans have the opportunities and security that phone service brings, including being able to connect to jobs, family and emergency services. In 2005, Lifeline discounts were made available to qualifying low-income consumers on pre-paid wireless service plans in addition to traditional landline service. Lifeline is part of the Universal Service Fund.

The Lifeline program is available to eligible low-income consumers in every state, territory, commonwealth, and on Tribal lands. Consumers with proper proof of eligibility may be qualified to enroll. To participate in the program, consumers must have an income that is at or below 135% of the federal Poverty Guidelines or participate in a qualifying state, federal or Tribal assistance program.

To participate in the program, consumers must either have an income that is at or below 135% of the federal Poverty Guidelines or participate in one of the following assistance programs:

Medicaid;
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps or SNAP);
Supplemental Security Income (SSI);
Federal Public House Assistance (Section 8);
Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP);
Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF);
National School Lunch Program's Free Lunch Program;
Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance;
Tribally-Administrered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TTANF);
Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR);
Head Start (if income eligibility criteria are met); or
State assistance programs (if applicable).
Federal rules prohibit eligible low-income consumers from receiving more than one Lifeline discount per household. An eligible consumer may receive a discount on either a wireline or wireless service, but not both.

The National Defecit was largely inherited from the Bush administration, and the defecit has fallen somewhat from when Obama first took office.

Unemployment has fallen back to 2008 levels, which considering the severity of the collapse we went through is a great result, not to mention the Republican Congress blocked several jobs bills which would have driven the rate even lower.

Gas Prices have nothing to do with the President, more to do with the Private Corporations setting the market because the Republicans freed them from any regulation.

The "Obamaphone" doesn't exist as people think it does, and the plan that the phrase was coined from existed before he took office.

Romney has been on record multiple times as stating that he would restrict access to abortion and birth control.

There...I think I've now addressed all the falsehoods in this thread. Carry on.

Back