Obama's re-election campaign could cost $1,000,000,000

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Surprised that nobody commented on this?

Obama about to launch his reelection campaign. It could cost $1 billion. - CSMonitor.com

This is not an attack on our current president as even if there was a republican in the white house his re-election campaign would surely cost the same if not more. Just simply amazement that this is what our country has come to.
One billion with a B, that's a thousand frickin' million for jiminy sakes!
Can the election with these numbers and costs possibly not be controlled by corporate America ?
Where is this place headed?
Just sad :(

I guess Trump is the only one who'll be able to top that, although I'd like to see Allen West as President.

Not really all that important but what's the current President salary, about .02% of that?

Its really sad that there are ppl being laid off, struggling to find a job, starving to death, losing their homes and dignity... and there our president is spending a $1 billion to ensure he has a job in 2 yrs. I cant lie but this makes me sick to my stomach that our government doesnt see a problem with this???

It's really not surprising. As I understand it, the unions injected a combined Five Hundred Million bucks into the democratic party during the 08 & 10 election cycle with the lions share going towards the 08 presidential election.

Very sad given the state of our government. Truly ashamed of where our countries leadership is headed.

Its really sad that there are ppl being laid off, struggling to find a job, starving to death, losing their homes and dignity... and there our president is spending a $1 billion to ensure he has a job in 2 yrs. I cant lie but this makes me sick to my stomach that our government doesnt see a problem with this???

They used to, but Republicans repealed limits on campaign contributions and spending.

It's really not surprising. As I understand it, the unions injected a combined Five Hundred Million bucks into the democratic party during the 08 & 10 election cycle with the lions share going towards the 08 presidential election.

How much did Corperate America inject into the Republican Party?

The Government's gotten way to big and they keep on expanding it an alarming pace. To the folks in Washington, a billion of our dollars is like a single dollar to us mere peasants.

Headed? We have been there for a long time. Millions spent on what used to be a $60K job in the 80s.

Your absolutely right. I guess I just keep hoping that they will pull their heads out of their rears and get it together. I have said many times to friends and family that they should just start with a fresh/clean slate of rather common folk. Maybe that is not the answer either, but it certainly is not what we are doing now.

i'd vote for donald trump. realistically, how many times has he recovered from bankruptcy? who has more experience in building themselves back up from square one?

They might as well pass that out to people....because he isnt going to win...no matter how much $$ they spend.

And who are they spending it with?

Back