Is it finally time to use the dreaded D-word? (DEPRESSION)

I don’t think either of the two clowns in that video know what the words they’re using mean and certainly want you to think their agenda doesn’t have a political side. They’re however right about a few points but not for the reasons they think.

Also love how clueless they are and how clueless they think some of us are. “Our country was founded on extreme self governance”, but why can’t we have mob rule?

Do you both think Obama's policies were responsible for the economic downturn? (Depression, recession, whichever...)
Was he not a US Senator until 2008?
Granted he did vote “present” a lot to avoid taking a position/responsibility.
I’ll tell you what he was certainly not responsible for economically, any sort of recovery...

Was he not a US Senator until 2008?
Granted he did vote “present” a lot to avoid taking a position/responsibility.
I’ll tell you what he was certainly not responsible for economically, any sort of recovery...
You're funny.
And didn't answer the question. Not that it was directed to you, I'm well aware of your political positions.

Do you both think Obama's policies were responsible for the economic downturn? (Depression, recession, whichever...)
No that has been going on since 911. I think Obama might have had a much better run if he had been elected at some time when the economy couldn't help but be strong. The 90s would have been good for him. The last 20 years were a challenge for every president and Obama just wasn't the guy for the job.

No that has been going on since 911. I think Obama might have had a much better run if he had been elected at some time when the economy couldn't help but be strong. The 90s would have been good for him. The last 20 years were a challenge for every president and Obama just wasn't the guy for the job.
That's a fair assessment.
To be honest, I don't think any president was the guy for that job, the issues are far more structural than any one person can remedy.

The only way to fix our countries problems with the federal .gov is to bypass it:

The second method prescribed is for a Constitutional Convention to be called by two-thirds of the legislatures of the States, and for that Convention to propose one or more amendments. These amendments are then sent to the states to be approved by three-fourths of the legislatures or conventions. This route has never been taken, and there is discussion in political science circles about just how such a convention would be convened, and what kind of changes it would bring about.

The only way to fix our countries problems with the federal .gov is to bypass it:

The second method prescribed is for a Constitutional Convention to be called by two-thirds of the legislatures of the States, and for that Convention to propose one or more amendments. These amendments are then sent to the states to be approved by three-fourths of the legislatures or conventions. This route has never been taken, and there is discussion in political science circles about just how such a convention would be convened, and what kind of changes it would bring about.
That's an interesting proposition. Having been involved in some of these discussions myself, I think that the main inhibitor to allowing this process to take place is the lack of control the current policy makers (on both sides) would experience. Pelosi, McConnell and friends have worked for decades to have the control they now wield, opening a Constitutional Convention would present them with a very real possibility of losing it.

That's an interesting proposition. Having been involved in some of these discussions myself, I think that the main inhibitor to allowing this process to take place is the lack of control the current policy makers (on both sides) would experience. Pelosi, McConnell and friends have worked for decades to have the control they now wield, opening a Constitutional Convention would present them with a very real possibility of losing it.

I agree 100% and that is why it is the only way to affect real change. No meaningful change will ever happen if the power players are involved. They will protect their interests at all costs.

Thee items the states could start with:
1) Term limits
2) Repeal the 17th
3) Set government spending as a percentage of GDP

I agree 100% and that is why it is the only way to affect real change. No meaningful change will ever happen if the power players are involved. They will protect their interests at all costs.

Thee items the states could start with:
1) Term limits
2) Repeal the 17th
3) Set government spending as a percentage of GDP
Term limits are already in place. They're called elections.... Changing the process isn't going to cure voter apathy.
The other two are good starting point for sure.
Unfortunately, the power players are able to stop the process of their own potential elimination, so they do exactly that.

Back