We are doomed to eventually kill ourselves

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
We as a species have to be one of the most reckless, self serving, egotistical creatures in existence.

I read this article and all I could do is laugh at the arrogance that someone would even contemplate this.

This to me as the same thing as "Hey Bubba, hold my beer.. watch this"

WTF!!!!

Yeah, lets create a fricken black hole on planet earth as an experiment, we don’t "think" it will cause any problems it "should" dissipate before it has the ability to start growing out of control causing the entire destruction of the planet and possibly this galaxy.

Are you fricken kidding me!! Who is watching these people!!

I mean if in the natural order of things it is meant that people with defective genes who do not posses common sense should eventually eliminate themselves from the gene pool preventing further pollution of the species, does this mean they have the right to also eliminate people who do posses common sense?

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

FOXNews.com - Scientists Not So Sure 'Doomsday Machine' Won't Destroy World - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News

My Physics professor buddies say Hadron is orders of magnetude too weak, for serious concern. Fermi's initial calculations showed, the first A-bomb had a 30% probability of destroying the world,(through atomic chain reaction).

It will be OK, PM me if the black hole forms:whistle:

There is evidence tiny black holes are all around us. Most of this is hype.

Electricity will leak out of outlets at night and electrocute us was the hype of Thomas Edison.

The problem here is ignorant people are employed in the media, and they know the best strategy for boosting their stature is scaring their viewers. Fox News is not the only outlet guilty of this, but they have taken it to irresponsible levels in order to grow their business.

My Physics professor buddies say Hadron is orders of magnetude too weak, for serious concern. Fermi's initial calculations showed, the first A-bomb had a 30% probability of destroying the world,(through atomic chain reaction).

It will be OK, PM me if the black hole forms:whistle:

LOL.. I am sure if a black hole forms PM;ing anyone will be the last thing on my list lol

on a side note, anyone got a fricken clue how to get off this planet and go somewhere a little less, I don’t know.. volatile? :laugh:

The problem here is ignorant people are employed in the media, and they know the best strategy for boosting their stature is scaring their viewers. Fox News is not the only outlet guilty of this, but they have taken it to irresponsible levels in order to grow their business.

Totally true.

Since I work.. well where I work. I know for a fact most of the reporting that the news does on specific subjects are fricken totally out in left field.

And in reality I would find it difficult to believe that we posses the intelligence to "accidently" destroy the planet AND / OR this galaxy.

But.. still interesting reading.. and well shid does happen some times lol

Last edited:
hey it will fix the housing slump... and of course the liberals will blame bush... :rofl:

Seems to me that I remember a B sci fi movie that started out with the same experiment. World almost went away for ever. :O

cool

popcorn.gif

Don't you know? ALL black holes were started by some civilization messin' around with stuff they don't understand. We would see more UFO's out there if those other civilizations hadn't screwed the pooch in their experiments.

Of course, if they do create a black hole, we won't even have time to contemplate the possibilities before we're pretty much space dust.

:D

--Wag--

Does that mean we're all going to gain weight as it rrrr-ips us apart :oh:! Better not tell my wife :laugh:

Back