Remember when space stuff was cool?

That is really cool! And thanks for the additional material on the moonlanding. I may be a believer yet!

Look, if I knew Elon personally, we could book you on a flight in his next "Tesla to the stars" :p

I post in jest...everyone is entitled to believe what they want, doesn't affect me. I love science, but also dig in to conspiracy theories from time to time. My grandfather worked helping to a build machine that went in to space and landed on Mars, my father raised me on everything-space and Star Trek was "family viewing" growing up. I used to peer through telescopes as a kid at the vastness of it all and am amazed at how little we still understand.

I wish we all still got excited about the possibilities, but it seems we get more excited about game apps for our phones :laugh:

Look, if I knew Elon personally, we could book you on a flight in his next "Tesla to the stars" :p

I post in jest...everyone is entitled to believe what they want, doesn't affect me. I love science, but also dig in to conspiracy theories from time to time. My grandfather worked helping to a build machine that went in to space and landed on Mars, my father raised me on everything-space and Star Trek was "family viewing" growing up. I used to peer through telescopes as a kid at the vastness of it all and am amazed at how little we still understand.

I wish we all still got excited about the possibilities, but it seems we get more excited about game apps for our phones :laugh:
YESS!! That will definitely be a sight to see. I hope he succeeds in constructing a "people carrier" for space travel.
I agree with you, we really do not entirely understand the universe, its workings and in's and outs. I dont know that we ever will. I can assume it wont be in my lifetime though.
I say time and time again, I wish I lived in a different era, I hate how everyone has an obsession with mobile connectivity, and social media. If not for the oRg, I would have no social media whatsoever. I do enjoy the company of good people here thought that is for sure.

From a scientific point of view, the 'lunar landings' were never verified by any INDEPENDENT third party. We just had to believe what we were told by NASA at the time.
Oh and the video footage they gave us as well.
There is the issue of the Van Allen radiation belts to go through, which have been proved to be deadly to any biological life form. And the vehicles they sent had no radiation shielding whatsoever.
Lots of stuff( that raises doubts)to consider from a science view point.
Oh well hell if NASA said it's true then...

I believe! Lucky to have been, and seen things others never will. One of my friends designed Titanium tools for space travel. Aka the shuttle (united space alliance)

DSC_0756.JPG

I say time and time again, I wish I lived in a different era, I hate how everyone has an obsession with mobile connectivity, and social media.
I have this same thought quite a bit. I work with technology and sometimes wish I lived in an era where mobile phones weren't the center of attention. I witnessed a "lunch" today with 3 friends who all sat eating and playing on their phones not speaking to each other. Ridiculous.

I have this same thought quite a bit. I work with technology and sometimes wish I lived in an era where mobile phones weren't the center of attention. I witnessed a "lunch" today with 3 friends who all sat eating and playing on their phones not speaking to each other. Ridiculous.
They were probably texting each other....

They were probably texting each other....

I've witnessed relationships develop with my step kids and "new friends", literally feet from each other, silent, but on their phones. The adults noticed it, no one talking, faces in their phones, "getting to know one another" when they were right next to the person. They've forgotten they can talk.

It's comical and sad. Not sure how humans will interact years from now at this rate.

The other side of that coin, the marketing of blankets that make you feel hugged, you know, while you're isolating yourself from the world :laugh:

I have heard that at that time of the great space race between USA and USSR , the Russians were fast gaining the upper hand in the race to land man on the moon first , mainly because the US were lagging on spending compared to Russia , because they were pouring huge amounts of money in fighting the Vietnam Conflict and were actually going broke . The US was needing some moral boost for its nations pride , so in a late push , went all out to get the space program moving , at all cost . But , because there was so much honor riding on being successful and first ( this was the cold war fight ) , it is said the US made a movie of a fake landing , to use in case of failure of the actual craft making the real landing , and if used , then they would have said the astronauts died on re entry ??? This is where the conspiracy theory got legs so to speak !! . Hey , don't shoot the messenger ....I was born in '68 .
I also thought Russia had already verified the US landing site etc .
There is other stuff ( more conspiracy etc. ) going around about the moon itself , and why there has never been a base of some kind built there , stuff to do with Alien contact etc.
Anyway , it is interesting to hear and read such things , imho :)

I believe the actual science of what we have done and continue to do. Conspiracy theories are entertaining, but that's all they are to me, entertainment :firing:

Reactions: kml
I believe the actual science of what we have done and continue to do. Conspiracy theories are entertaining, but that's all they are to me, entertainment :firing:
its crazy isn't it? the Flat earthers? people who believe we never went to the moon? rofl...… bunch of liars those scientists are/ absolutely no credibility going on there....

its crazy isn't it? the Flat earthers? people who believe we never went to the moon? rofl...… bunch of liars those scientists are/ absolutely no credibility going on there....

I can't understand it, but there are lots of things I don't understand...like, why does anyone like candy corn? It's perplexing for sure :laugh:

Back