Wax on Wax off

Re: Pledge Question

i use the lemon but from what i've read, it doesn't matter which one you choose. i love the results! :beerchug::beerchug:

Ok I am getting dangerously low on my cleaning supplies that I bought when I was Showing Trucks. Cant even get this stuff anymore, So what Im asking here isssssssssssss

Is there a particular type of pledge you are using is there one you dont want to use, Does it work on Chrome. ???

Is it as easy as spraying it on then wiping it off ???

I just got here. Here are my answers to your questions.

1. There's no particular type. It's up to you. As long as you get the one in an aerosol can, you'll be fine. I always use the Lemon (yellow can) kind but I found one in the family room that's been sitting there for a while and tried it. Oh, it's the extra moisturizing one. It's in a brown can. I didn't see any difference.

2. Yes, it's as easy as spraying it on then wiping it off. No need to wait.

3. Yes, it works on chrome. My boss rides a brand new VTX and he did all the chrome and he told me that he never listened to me before until he tried Pledge on his ENTIRE bike. He was joking, of course. Now he's hooked on Pledge.
The funny thing, he asked me to go outside with him while he's carrying a shirt. He said "watch this". He puts the shirt on top of the tank and it keeps sliding off. He said that's the only thing he didn't like about the Pledge. He can't keep the shirt from sliding off.:laugh:
I wish I have a picture of his bike but I don't. Maybe I can take a pic the next time he rides it to work.

Check this out. Shady just did his wheels. See for yourself.
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/132543-pledge.html

I just tried it and I am amazed what it does for the rims, I had grease splatters from the initial lube job they did on delivery and I just sprayed it on and wiped it off like it was nothing. I also put it on the dash and all painted plastic and was very impressed for a quick cleaning.

I dont feel that it takes the place of wax but for a quick cleaning it has my vote big time

I can't believe I ACTUALLY put this on my bike tonight after washing it...nor can I believe how slick and shiny it is to the touch. Since I don't park my bike outside, not so worried about UV. Will be interested in seeing it in the sunlight...

I just tried it and I am amazed what it does for the rims, I had grease splatters from the initial lube job they did on delivery and I just sprayed it on and wiped it off like it was nothing. I also put it on the dash and all painted plastic and was very impressed for a quick cleaning.

I dont feel that it takes the place of wax but for a quick cleaning it has my vote big time
Pics, please. Thanks. Also, I would go to Lowe's and get the Dupont Chain Wax so you won't have grease splatters anymore.
It's this one.
4631953918_43bbe4c0fc_o.jpg

Here's the chain after 500 miles. I haven't cleaned it in this pic. Took this at a gas station just before I went home.
4612248914_1d4c893435_b.jpg

I can't believe I ACTUALLY put this on my bike tonight after washing it...nor can I believe how slick and shiny it is to the touch. Since I don't park my bike outside, not so worried about UV. Will be interested in seeing it in the sunlight...
We'd love to see it, too. Please share pics with us. Thanks. Not sure what you wear when you jump but if you use it on it, you could be falling faster than the rest of them.:laugh:

Bunch of 'Pledgers' y'all are :poke:

:rofl:
Amazing, isn't it.:rofl:

Worlds gone Pledge mad ................
:thumbsup:

Mothers on the chrome works the best for me. Little more work, but works great, especially if the chrome is a little dirty/greasy.

Just Pledged her for today's ride

Got her ready for today's ride with Djx and maybe BigE.
4641234513_58276476e1_b.jpg

4641232675_0c6d925b03_b.jpg

4641839354_2b419356e1_b.jpg

4641229113_00eabaf29f_b.jpg

4641836182_757afb43b7_b.jpg

Re: Just Pledged her for today's ride

Gte that pic of Deejay for me! I need PROOF that he rides:rofl::rofl::poke::laugh:

And of course bro, be safe, tell greg hello for me:thumbsup:

It is no wonder you are on that machine as much as you are. It really is a beautiful and classy looking machine. :thumbsup:

Im ashamed to bring my bike out. Its way too dirty to ride with 2 clean busas.

Now go get her dirty.. :laugh: Hope you have another good ride.. :thumbsup:

Back