Wax-on........Wax-off

OB_FRQ FLYR

Registered
Who makes the best wax?

I have used: Zymol(the expensive stuff), Meguiars Gold, and Honda spray cleaner and wax.

I prefer the Zymol, but its hard to get off.
IMHO it gives the best shine.

What type do you use?

Joe

Don't have much experience with the busa paint yet.. It seems to scratch easily though. I recently used Gliptone Brazilian Blue Carnuba Cream Wax and it seem to do a great job.........

Pledge is great for the quick detailer but it doesn't protect against sun damage as well as a good wax.

Mother's and Meguire's make great products. For a new bike stick with just a pure carnuba (mother's carnuba) as the wax and use a polish to get the swirls out. I've found that Meguire's "Show car Glaze" #7 is best for this. You can use it as much as you like, this is what pro's use in the competitions. I do a few coats of this and finish it off with one coat of carnuba. More layers of wax don't do squat for swirls or scratches, you need the polishes safe for clearcoats. (the softer the cloth the better, cloth diapers are great)

Just my .02

EagleOne Wet is a great wax for hiding swirls and it goes on and comes off pretty easy also.The Pledge works great on the plastic also.

The instant detailers from The Wax Shop or Meguiars work really well, they take any tar or other crud that might come from the chain right off, plus its fast and shines as good as anything I've ever used.

You guys can use all that high priced brand name stuff,they are all good products.But I use Pledge,yep the furniture polish.Bugs just dont want to stick to it!Just dont let the wife or girlfriend see you.

godzuki 31 I'm with you, I've used Pledge for a few years with no damage to any of my bikes. I also use it on my Helmet, no scratches or swirls.

Pledge works as a detailer because it has a quantity of carnuba wax in it! Also good is the Honda polish ($$$) and Plexus (cheaper). I agree that bikes should be hard waxed a couple of times a year with the spray stuff as in between boosters.

Back