WAX ON..... WAX OFF......

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
I have had my Busa for a few months now.. and it is a pain in the arse for me to wax it.

I am currently using a paste was, however I get the wax in the hex screw heads, I get wax in where the wind screen meets the fairing, I get wax.. well in a lot of places I dont want it..

I use a soft brissle tooth brush with warm water to clean the areas that have unwanted was... But I keep thinking there has got to be a better way..

Anyway out there have an awesome solution to waxing? is there any MAGIC tricks to keeping the paint protected and looking like new?

Help me I am was challenged
face7.gif

Yeah Read around the board a bit and you will find a lot of Zaino marks running around. From what I have heard and seen that stuff kicks ass.

I have been using Honda pro polish on mine and nothing else but it look like I will going to Zaino myself.

BulletTrain has the Zaino stuff down to an artform. His bike even graced their web site photo gallery.

He'll be along shortly I'd imagine...
biggrin.gif

Here's a link to his thread:

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: "added link"|1073748702 -->

BT....... where are you..... your expertise is needed!!

( while were waiting on bullet trains entrance... you need to check out Zaino's web site)

I alternate between Zaino and Zymol, but for the price Zaino is great stuff.

Sorry guys. Been hangin' at the other .org lately. Just checkin' PM's here mostly...

Anyway thrasher,

Zaino doesn't leave the crappy white residue around decals, screw heads, body lines, etc... It also leaves the paint slicker and glossier than anything else I've tried. Lasts longer as well. It's not exactly "magic" but I'd say it's the best technology available.
wink.gif

Click here to check out Zaino's site and products. I actually wrote the FAQ there a few years ago and had it on a personal site I had. I used to help out on a detailing forum and I set the page up so I could link to it when people asked these questions. They seemed to be the most regularly asked. I gave it to Zaino for their site when I let my old site go (old aggravating, slow ass geocities site) and they used it.
biggrin.gif
It has been tweaked to keep up with product updates but it's basically as I wrote it.
wink.gif

After my paint job (soon, I promise. Been too sick to start it.
drooling3.gif
) I plan to do a Zaino how-to with photos to show how I use it. I'll be sure and post a link here so you guys can check it out. I'd do it sooner but I don't want to put on any more Zaino just to take it off for my repaint.

wink.gif

Sorry guys. Been hangin' at the other .org lately. Just checkin' PM's here mostly...

Anyway thrasher,

Zaino doesn't leave the crappy white residue around decals, screw heads, body lines, etc... It also leaves the paint slicker and glossier than anything else I've tried. Lasts longer as well. It's not exactly "magic" but I'd say it's the best technology available.

Click here to check out Zaino's site and products. I actually wrote the FAQ there a few years ago and had it on a personal site I had. I used to help out on a detailing forum and I set the page up so I could link to it when people asked these questions. They seemed to be the most regularly asked. I gave it to Zaino for their site when I let my old site go (old aggravating, slow ass geocities site) and they used it.
biggrin.gif
It has been tweaked to keep up with product updates but it's basically as I wrote it.
wink.gif

After my paint job (soon, I promise. Been too sick to start it.  ) I plan to do a Zaino how-to with photos to show how I use it. I'll be sure and post a link here so you guys can check it out. I'd do it sooner but I don't want to put on any more Zaino just to take it off for my repaint.
You go boy!

and BTW...

what is this B^ll Sh!t bout nother .org!?! <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>
AAAssjani.gif

guns.gif

wow.gif
</span>

I alternate between Zaino and Zymol, but for the price Zaino is great stuff.
Dude, you still jackin' my avatar? I thought you were gonna change it?
rock.gif
Jackn' your avatar??  Look at mine..  Mine seems to be pretty damn popular.  Look at busafever up top on this thread.  I uploaded this avatar myself. =)  I dont mind though, Its just a compliment to my creativity.  
tounge.gif
And I appreciate that very much...
smile.gif

damn dude! is that better?
Thanks grabntwist...We get used to peoples' avatars and when someone else comes along and uses the same one, it gets confusing.

I personally thought it was BulletTrain posting when I first saw the avatar in some other threads, and then I saw the name.

Easiest way to get your own is to uses a picture of your bike and reduce/crop the image down to a 50x63 size then link your avatar to that. The 50x63 maintains then same aspect ratio as a 480x640 picture(vertical) so you don't get distortion. The max width is around 55 but the height could be larger.  Just an idea.

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1073810883 -->

I've been using Star brite marine wax , its a teflon wax and it doen't leave white lines you wipe it on and wipe it off . It lasts longer than anything i've used before . We use it on the boats at work .

Ok, now what about using a buffer? I went down and bought a 6 inch buffer today.. any pro's / con's on using a buffer on a bike?

BT? how do you apply Zaino? do you buff it? by hand? with a buffer? (I have never used a buffer ever on anything, I seem to remember someine along time again saying somthing about leaving swirls in your paint)

Back