WAX ON..... WAX OFF......

beware of buffers if you don't know what your doing expecially on plastic . use slow speeds and careful on any edges .

hey i'm a computor genuis ! I changed my avitar
jump9.gif

I've been using Star brite marine wax , its a teflon wax and it doen't leave white lines you wipe it on and wipe it off . It lasts longer than anything i've used before . We use it on the boats at work .
From what I've learned over the years from product manufacturers and industry reps it takes considerable heat for Teflon to bond to anything. Teflon coating something is much more complicated than just smearing it on and wiping off the residue. The wax you use might contain trace amounts of Teflon to back their claims of it bein' in there and the wax may be good but it ain't due to the Teflon. Teflon in car wax is basically just a sales gimmick.:;):

Again, not cutting down what you use because I haven't tried it. Just debunking the Teflon myth...
wink.gif

Ok, now what about using a buffer? I went down and bought a 6 inch buffer today.. any pro's / con's on using a buffer on a bike?

BT? how do you apply Zaino? do you buff it? by hand? with a buffer? (I have never used a buffer ever on anything, I seem to remember someine along time again saying somthing about leaving swirls in your paint)
I apply and remove Zaino with 100% cotton, made in the USA. Usually Cannon or Fieldcrest bath towels (the good ones) and Zaino's applicator pads. Orbitals and buffers waste a TON of polish. Too much just soaks into the applicator pad or buffing pad. You also run the risk of swirls and/or burns in the paint. The only time I use a buffer is when I am working with paint that is damaged, requiring real cutting action to remove the damage, or when I colorsand and buff something I've painted.

My advice? Leave the buffer off the bike unless you have paint damage that you need to buff out. Then, only use it after you've got some advice from an experienced buffer on how to do it. Just my $.02...
wink.gif

Back