Wax on Wax off

OB_Dirty Pete

Registered
Eagle One "WET" Wipe 'n Shine will do it all.

Spray, wipe, turn cloth, wipe once more. New just-waxed look...90 seconds to do the whole bike and your helmet visor too. Removes bugs and light grease. I wipe the bike & visor down after every ride.

Makes the bike look so good I never have to wax it. I was turned on to this stuff last April by a Harley guy who won't ride if he can't shave looking in the tank.

One bottle lasts the whole riding season.

1300rguy the WD-40 is amazing for tough grime. It's the ONLY stuff I've found that'll wipe chain gorp off the swing arm tank. I've tried engine degreaser, Spray Nine, straight solvent, alcohol, acetone, GooGone,...only WD-40 works without elbow grease.

Used that Eagle 1 on my drag bike...worked great... got a lot of hand prints taking body off and on. This stuff worked wonders and like Pete said only takes a few minutes.

Ok as well mechanical stuff .What Wax do you guys like to use to keep your buses shiney and reduce drag? I myself have done a protection test of varios brands.What i did was take a 2`x2` sheet of regular steel and marked it off into 8 squares with 2 coats off various brands off wax.I left the sheet out side in the elements and I rated there ability to prevent rust from forming as protection.The brands were Zymoil,New finish,Mothers gold,Miguiers gold,Eagle one wet,Finish2000,Shop wax,Blue corral.It seemed that Zymoil had the shinest finish but did the worst on the durability test.New finish had poor shine but was the only wax that didn`t rust.So sence our bikes are plastic and they dont take a hell of alot of time to wax I use Zymoil.I do use new finish as a winter storage coat on my bike and my cars though.All the other waxes were about equal in shine and durability.The best stuff I found for getting bugs oil and grease off the bike is WD40 the stuff works magic on the rims.One more thing I know this sounds weird but what I found best to work on the plastic stuff,i.e. ram air covers,tank bra and rear fender is lemon Pledge it doesnt look to glossy and it doesn`t turn chalky white...but whatever you do,do not put the stuff on your seat :).

[This message has been edited by gsx1300rguy (edited 28 November 1999).]

I use the Eagle One too,but every once in a while if the bugs are tough to get off I use windex on the body panels & windshield.Don't leave it on long,but it sure gets rid of the bugs pronto.. :)

[This message has been edited by KEVTEC (edited 29 November 1999).]

Plexus on the shields and even a spray on the plastic now and then.

The S100 products I have used for years, I bought a can of their detail and wax. S100 makes a paste wax in a jar that I use after cleaning parts.

But the Plexus is allways in the tank bag and seems work just as well. Leaves the Helmet visors very clean and the rain runs right off.

I don't believe that the same results can be expected from various waxes when used on plastic as they would on metal. The fuel tank would be the exception. Of course it is good to use a quality wax but a better comparison would be tests preformed on plastic. I personally only full wax the plastic once in a while but constantly use detailer[contains waxes] to remove bugs etc Meguires has done well but doesn't seem to work quiet as well as it does on metal when used on plastic. I'm not sure any of the various brands do.

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited 30 November 1999).]

I'm a victim of late Night Info-mercial's,,but the stuff works great !!

Prolong Paint sealant,,Stuff is great,,most local Auto-parts stores here in NJ have it. Don't buy it over the TV,,It'll take forever to arrive.

161 ®

I beleive you 161; I have a customer with a Vulcan classic, used it and wants me to do the same. one day at the shop it rain with no warning(typical Texas) all bikes outside got rained on and only his did not spot or have a dirty film on it.and it feels soooo smooth.We have it auto parts store also maybe he will remember me for Christmas.

I use Plexus and WD40, the latter for cleaninig chain, hard-grime and wheels, the former for everything else!

--Felix

Pledge Central

For real I have used this product for over 20 years. They just came out with a formula especially for our Orange Busa. Using this product will add 10 HP and 10 MPG. Spray on Wipe off. The scent attracts Women and For some reason Hooters Girls cant keep their shorts off my seat. No BS this stuff is all I use between wash and wax. BEWARE do NOT use Lemon Pledge, LEMON PLEDGE will Void your warranty, and cause electrical, mechanical, and safety issues. This new formula works ONLY on the Orange Busa and on the Orange Dodge Challanger, will NOT work on Harley shade of Orange. Ok I know, 4 post in 1 day , but I'm usually working or riding, Rain dontcha know. Peace

miami bike 029.jpg

miami bike 017.jpg

re: Pledge Central

For real I have used this product for over 20 years. They just came out with a formula especially for our Orange Busa. Using this product will add 10 HP and 10 MPG. Spray on Wipe off. The scent attracts Women and For some reason Hooters Girls cant keep their shorts off my seat. No BS this stuff is all I use between wash and wax. BEWARE do NOT use Lemon Pledge, LEMON PLEDGE will Void your warranty, and cause electrical, mechanical, and safety issues. This new formula works ONLY on the Orange Busa and on the Orange Dodge Challanger, will NOT work on Harley shade of Orange. Ok I know, 4 post in 1 day , but I'm usually working or riding, Rain dontcha know. Peace

:laugh:

Fawking hilarious!!

Back