Wather air intercooler efficiency

It depends on who's plenum your talking about. With the new Rcc ultra 1000 plenum it has an 11 row lamnova core. Those are the most efficient cores on the market.

These new plenums allow you to safely run just over 20psi on pump fuel. As far as the official numbers I'll have to let richard comment on that. But any other plenum on the market won't come close.

yes there fine at 14-15 psi
this is on my roadbike and running to 14 psi on our 95 (91) as i cant always get 98 on a ride
08busa1011-1.jpg

pulling a couple of degrees (5%) in boost fuel but the ign table is otherwise standard
but most of my on boost riding is in the hills , not in any gear for long , if i were to do more hi speed runs i would pull more timing out

thank you,
As I watched, the guys push the ignition in the last three columns of about 3 degrees above about 6000 rpm ...

It depends on who's plenum your talking about. With the new Rcc ultra 1000 plenum it has an 11 row lamnova core. Those are the most efficient cores on the market.

These new plenums allow you to safely run just over 20psi on pump fuel. As far as the official numbers I'll have to let richard comment on that. But any other plenum on the market won't come close.

You have either tested every other chargecooler core on the market in a scientific back to back comparison or you maybe guilty of an over exuberant sales pitch.

You can have 20 water rows but if the fin style or fin density that pulls the heat out of the boost is not there it is irrelevent. Equally the core size in both area & depth will determine how much air to fin contact is exploited for cooling efficiency. Then of course then it is only as efficient as the ancills that go with it such as ice tank, pump or radiator etc etc.

You can hit 20psi of boost with no chargecooler & your motor can still be ok, its all a question of for how long it is held for. That aside even with ambient or cooler inlet air temp you cannot defy the laws of dynamic compression verses pump octane rated fuel for very long without detonation.

You can have 20 water rows but if the fin style or fin density that pulls the heat out of the boost is not there it is irrelevent.
that kinda goes without saying doesn't it?

the point he was makn is with an RCC plenum one doesn't have to worry about how efficient it is cause its a PROVEN piece which is more then can be said for the junk found on Fleabay and when one has $5-6k in ones motor I wudnt want to roll the dice!

I've yet to see any published data that actually measures efficiency, regardless of the number of rows or type of charge cooler.

Airflow and temperature difference and water flow and temperature difference are needed to calculate efficiency.
That said, the efficiency of a core is pretty much useless in practical terms.

For short duration use, the only thing that matters is the effectiveness of the system. For that, a measure of ambient inlet air temp, compressor outlet temp, and charge cooler outlet temp, all at various pressures and flows is needed. Cooling medium properties really don't matter.

If it is to be used in a true, steady state application, then the ability to reject heat in the cooling medium comes into play as well.

Using "efficiency" numbers as provided by a core supplier / manufacturer pretty much mean nothing. The engine doesn't "care" about anything but the amount of oxygen and the temperature it gets.

Back