Warren Miller , this guy has convinced me

I used to ski a lot when going to college in Utah, but haven't been for many years. Definitely some good exercise while having an absolute blast in the snow. Highly recommended. Those Warren Miller movies are incredible too. Must be because of his cool name.
smile.gif

go for it, it's a great sport
I started when I was 12, at 16 became a ski instructor.
But since I moved from Montreal to NYC 5 years ago, I stopped skiing because I have no place to store my equipment.

A riding buddy of mine has been in a couple of his flicks. I have been snowboarding a handful of times and after the last hard fall I have decided to stick with surfing - doesnt hurt so much, but then again the mountain isnt coming at you like it does in the ocean ...
wow.gif
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

A riding buddy of mine has been in a couple of his flicks. I have been snowboarding a handful of times and after the last hard fall I have decided to stick with surfing - doesnt hurt so much,    but then again the mountain isnt coming at you like it does in the ocean ...
wow.gif
cool.gif
biggrin.gif
I haven't heard of one land shark attack yet
tounge.gif

BV just be prepared... Your first day of snowboarding is what will make or break you. I must of slammed my head into the ground at least 30 -100 times I can't seem to remember. I learned with out the benifit of an instructor but I have to admit that years of skiing, skateboarding, inline skating probably had a hand in me picking it up in one day. I was on double diamonds by the end of the day. Although... I do have a death wish and very little fear of injury so that might have contributed to me picking it up so fast. You can definitly do it though... just get through the first day and don't quit. I have an extra burton custom with bindings and boots sitting around so let me know if you wanna borrow it.

We do a little skiing in my town.
I started when I was 4 it's a blast.
I ski and snowboard.
Prefer skiing.

Been snowboarding for 10 years and I LOVE IT!!! It's an adrenaline rush almost like the Busa. I just went up to Snow Summit up in Big Bear 3 days ago and it was so awesome getting the season started. I usually do the park stuff like banking off rails, jibs, boxes, jumps and pipe. I'm working on the 360 backflip and the 900. But nothing beats the rush of just pointing the board straight down and staying off your edges!!! Pure speed like the Busa!!

Being out skiing or snowboarding is about the most invigorating, adrenaline rush ever. This is one of those sports that can last you a lifetime.

We moved out to Utah when Novell brought me in from a field engineer position. I convinced my wife and 4 boys - that if we did this - we'd have to learn to ski.

Our first month there (late November) snow came in buckets... like 80" worth in a week. My bro and his fam flew in from Colorado - all long time skiiers/snowboarders - and taught us the ropes for the whole day. My whole family is hooked. It's like everyone having a Busa.... seriously. We all haul buns down the coolest terrain in the world at unbelievable speeds.

Friend of mine, in his 40's, left ski's for a snowboard a few years ago. He's not nearly as good on the board as as he was on the ski's just because he started in his 40's. But man! Does he have a great time!

I'm seeing a trend out here... many people are going back to their skis. Many long time boarders are going back to either skis or telemark skis.

I'll tell you - it doesn't matter which you chose. Getting on the mountain, riding it as hard as you can ride it, is a thrill that is indescribable. Busa riders could understand it.

Don't worry about the powder yet. You'll have plenty of it to keep you busy. Go, get some lessons, some good equipment, and have a great time. Watch swap meets for good equipment. Get the $300 Colorado card. (You lucky!) You'll be able to ski various areas with that card the whole season.

If you come to Utah, let me know. We'll meet on the slopes at Brighton, Snowbird, the Canyons, Park City... you name it.

Thresa - if you're ever out to hit Utah slopes, give a jingle if you need anything. We're here 5 years now and having a blast on the slopes!

Woo hoo!

I have been skiing for a few years now and love the powder. Local ski area allows me to go up with morning patrol and one of the first down the hills. 10"-12" of powder... what a rush. Hearing the ski's slide thru the snow and my heavy breathing... compares to being out on a empty highway with a long straight run and nothing but the sound of the Busa and your breathing in the helmet... SAWEET!!!
Be careful and enjoy yourself...
smile.gif

Thresa - if you're ever out to hit Utah slopes, give a jingle if you need anything.  We're here 5 years now and having a blast on the slopes!

Woo hoo!
Snowbird is my favorite. Alta is the only one I haven't skied. I would love to come out that way again one of these years!

Dragbusa... Let me know if you wanna go snowboarding... I'm around 45minutes from the dreaded Ice hills of the poconos.:p

Most, once they've skiied Alta - fall in love with that resort.

Since I have a snowboarder in the fam, I rarely get to go there. But hey - both these canyons are incredible.

We're going this Friday!! Look out Snowbird!

Back