skier left dangling upside down naked on lift!

Busaman5000

Donating Member
Registered
I wonder how cold it was? Probably some major shrinkage! :rofl:

Skier Suffers Exposure - January 6, 2009
Skier Suffers Exposure
Man left dangling upside down, pantsless after Vail lift mishap

JANUARY 6--In a bizarre incident that will surely lead to litigation (or an out-of-court settlement), a skier at Colorado's ritzy Vail resort was left dangling upside down and pantsless from a chairlift last Thursday morning. The January 1 mishap apparently occurred after the male skier, 48, and a child boarded a high-speed lift in Vail's Blue Sky Basin. It appears that the chairlift's fold-down seat was somehow not in the lowered position, which caused the man to partially fall through the resulting gap. His right ski got jammed in the ascending chairlift, and that kept him upended since his boot never dislodged from its binding. As seen in the photos on the following pages (which were snapped by fellow skiers), the Skyline Express lift was stopped shortly after the pair's botched 10:30 AM boarding resulted in the man dangling from the lift. The exposed skier was stuck for about 15 minutes before Vail personnel backed the lift up and successfully dislodged the unidentified man from the four-seat chair. In a statement released this afternoon, Vail Resorts, which operates the ski area, reported that the skier was not injured after being "suspended for approximately seven minutes." The press release did not explain how the mishap occurred, only that "the man was caught on the chair." (3 pages)
0106091vail1.jpg

Wow, I wound up in a similar position in Seven Spring resort a few years back...except my mishap was due to massive amounts of alcohol and an inability to get my ski pants back up after takin a wiz...and I wasnt hanging off a lift, I was walking (stumbling) down the mountain...or so I've been told..???.yup no more skiing for me according to Mrs Lycan:rofl::rofl:

Poor Bast@rd!.. Everything just hanging there for people to see..

Lycan.. That story sounds hilarious.

Poor Bast@rd!.. Everything just hanging there for people to see..

Lycan.. That story sounds hilarious.

Bro, thats not even HALF the story...let me put it this way, after the LAST ski trip, we NOW go to Puerto Rico..apparently everyone has decided Puerto Ricans locked up on a mountain full of snow, with no real ski skills and massive amounts of alcohol,,,,how shall we say "don't mix":rofl:at least EVERYONE seemed to decide this was the best route for all parties involved...

All I can come up with, immediately, is 'brrrr'.

:rofl:

....I am surprised no one started throwing snowballs at the man as well., now that would have been funny

Wow, I wound up in a similar position in Seven Spring resort a few years back...except my mishap was due to massive amounts of alcohol and an inability to get my ski pants back up after takin a wiz...and I wasnt hanging off a lift, I was walking (stumbling) down the mountain...or so I've been told..???.yup no more skiing for me according to Mrs Lycan:rofl::rofl:

You were doing good til the wiz part :laugh:

At first, I saw that yellow spot underneath the lift, then realized it was a person in a yellow jacket...not what I originally thought.

:rofl:

Then he was released and started screaming like George on SEINFELD .
THERE WAS SHRINKAGE :laugh: :laugh::laugh:

Back