Wanted to share with this Family

MrGxr

Donating Member
Registered
I have to tell ya, this year my Birthday started out like crap... had to head over to the District Court for a Preliminary Hearing for my 12 yr old Son. He took a Leatherman to school with him back in November because his backpack was broke and he needed the plyers to open and close it. Well, a Teacher saw it and turned him in with the "weapon"... yes "weapon". Sal got 4 days of suspension and then a hearing at the school district level to see if they would allow him back in school. (you say over board, yup thats what it was). Everything was fine and life moved on.
About a week ago we get a letter from the District Court Probation Office saying we had a hearing on 8 Feb 07 at 0830 to about Sal. Seems the Police department sent in a report and now the District had control. I wouldn't have minded so much, but they were looking at a 4th degree Felony on a 12 year old. (Ok, now that got me a little upset)
So the morning of my Birthday we head over to the Court and sit with a Parole Officer and a Social Worker because Sal is under 13. The meeting actually went great, they questioned Sal and us the Parents. When is was all over they are recommending to drop the charges. Now its up to the DA to make the final decision.

Anywho... we drop Sal back at school and I have the best day ever... we drive around for a little bit and then head over to a Greek place for some lunch, after lunch we head over to a few motorcycle shops checking out cruisers (we are looking to buy one here soon), then we head home and pick up Sal from school. Just a nice relaxing day.

We are sitting around trying to figure out what to have for dinner when the kids bring their gifts for me... I don't like this part of the Birthday because I am not good at recieving things from anyone...

Samantha (16 yr old Daughter)... she hands me this:

IMG_3847.jpg

I had a nice relaxing day... got some great gifts that I will use or consume with Friends and Family... and we ended up having dinner from the Pasta House, my favorite Italian joint in the area.

It was a great Birthday and it was celebrated just like I like them... no fanfare and doing what I want.

Thanks for listening and hope everyone our there as a great Birthday like I did this year.

sounds like a good day...excellent gifts!!!
beerchug.gif
hope everything continues to go well for your son

Wow. The 16 year old have a job? Or are you paying to much allowance. Good stuff there.

Sweet... very nice gifts! Definitly keepers... the family that is... every one of them!
tounge.gif

Happy B'day MrGxr!
beerchug.gif

Good score!! Changer & balancer & a lift, you are going to be, King of the Block. Happy B-Day!

MrGxr's wife and kids are truly awesome. If you're ever in the area, you have to stop and visit and meet 'em all!

--Wag--

happy b-day MrGxr. looks like you have a great family (can tellby thier tastes in buying presents)
beerchug.gif
bowdown.gif
super.gif

i could only wish for gifts anywhere close to those .............
SHOCKED.gif
all_coholic.gif

Happy birthday bro... Very nice gifts. Sure hope things work out with the overreaction at the school.

Back