Snow Day!

HRHDi

Dont Call Me "MeeMaw"
Donating Member
Registered
The Dallas-Fort Worth area doesn't get snow, we get ice...about twice a year. But last night was the worst storm in 5 years (so they say), so all of the school districts are closed today and my office doesn't open until 10am. :woot:

So Dan and I slept in and we have about an hour before we need to think of heading to work. Considering the economic climate, I feel a little guilty about wishing my office was closed all day, but come on....remember what it was like when you were a kid? Your ear pressed to the radio (I lived in a small town with no local TV station) waiting for those golden words "schools will be closed today due to the weather". :please:

It kinda feels like playing hooky without the looming threat of detention (or in my case now as an adult, umemployment). :cheerleader:

Well be safe, no job is worth you being dead or disabled.

We got snow. Funny, it snowed all day yesterday and really didn't amount to much, but then it continued during the night and we woke up to about 3 inches of the stuff. At least everything looks pretty and white. The only time my yard looks good!!!

Be safe everyone!!!

I heard that storm was coming your way... Brrrr. Hope there's not too much damage.

Kids were home today. When I get done here I'll be out plowing all night.
Posted via Mobile Device

No school here today. Have to bring my dad to his appt tho so we're heading out....snow or no snow. Dave works all day then will be plowing tonight and then headed to work again. :banghead:

As of today Anastasia will be in school until June 22nd!

The joys of working in Telecom, I am logged in from home. ???

Well I am just about to finish breakfast and then heading out to shovel some of this lovely white stuff. I look at as an opportunity for exercise!!! :thumbsup:

Well thanks alot, it snowing here again! We expect almost a foot by the time its done today! And more coming on Friday!

I hate WINTER:whistle:

we only ended up with about .20 of ice last night. Still got to sleeep a couple of extra hours...school delayed unitl 10.

We got a little bit of ice here just enough to cause people to panic and have wrecks all over the highways this morning. Other than that every thing ran as normal :thumbsup: Sun is out now warming stuff up for ride time this week end :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Back