Snow Falls in Desert

MrGxr

Donating Member
Registered
We haven't seen any real snow out here in Rio Rancho, but yesterday we saw this coming down. People around here started to freak out, schools started talking early dismissal, and those of us from back East just sat and laughed. What would those out here do if it really snowed...
Jeeze I was tempted to take the Busa out just to see the reaction from those I rode past. Temp kept me off the bike though.

1.jpg

Here's another one. Snow didn't last or anything, just made the ground a little wet.

2.jpg

Well as long as it did not stick.
wow.gif
I moved to South FL. to get away from that stuff. I think I am safe from it in Miami, but one never knows.

I hate snow...we get it here in VA, but the reaction by Virginians is pretty much what you described!
laugh.gif

Yeah , snow seems really cool if U live in a place that never gets it ....like here . Lived in Kansas years ago, and really got sick of it by the end of winter .

I live where most of the world thinks its just a frozen tundra.
It snows here about 2 days a year,every second or third year.
And just like yer area Mr Gix, everyone freaks.

I thinks its funny. It doesn't bother me,and my hounds love it.

we get very little snow at all mayb one day in a year...... but we get lots&lots of rain as for summer we get mayb 2week not much more than that of good sun a year......... I think we need to move............ UK gets hit with real bad snow.........
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|BUSA-MAN 24-7
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138321525 -->

I love it. Snow provides variety. You can see it as a pain or as an adventure. It's an exciting, healthy change of pace to wake up and have to scrape off 1/2 inch layer of ice and slide your way to work...
OR.... you could get in your car and drive there nomally like you do all the other days for the rest of your life in boring repetition when nothing ever changes. Snow on the desert! Wicked cool, mrgxr... thanks for sharing. It's possible I might not have ever seen that my entire life if you hadn't posted your pics!

Last year ijn Connecticut we had 115 inches of snow. This year they already had 3 storms.
sad.gif

I am in Connecticut lol.  And I'm still riding too suck it up!

<!--EDIT|rubbersidedown
Reason for Edit: "no need for that word EVER."|1138379386 -->

Back