Want your feedback/opinions on this

justintime2

What's your story?
Donating Member
Registered
It's a 2002 GSXR 1K. Completely race preped to the WMRRA rule book and ready to hit the pavement. The motor is not the orginal as it had a race motor in it. The motor is a stock 1K with 3000 street miles on it. He is asking $5000. I was refered to him by Mike Sullivan from our this summer. I'm going to go look at it next week.

(copy of email)
Justin, I am 95% done with the bike if you are still interested. It will come with
Circuit 1 case covers
520 chain conversion
Vortex rearsets
Lightened rear rotor
Akropovich full titanium exhuast
Dynojet power commander
Ivan TRE
Freshly painted Hotbodies bodywork
Vortex fairing support
Modified racing subframe
GP suspension revalved forks
Keyless AMA ignition
Vortex billet gas cap
New LP speedscreen
Extra exhaust bracket
3 sets of new EBC brake pads

Tell me what you guys think of the deal. It sounds pretty fair to me but don't want to overlook something you guys may catch that I didn't.
smile.gif

MVC_802S.JPG

looks like a deal to me
cool.gif

I sure hope I can find something like that later in the year when I have funds for a track bike

Obviously when you hear it run, look at it in person and feel the setup...you'll be in a better place to decide, but the PIC looks great! I'm jealous!

If it's here let me know and i will meet you to check it over free of charge...

Very nice looking bike! Sounds like it's setup very sweet as well~  
cool.gif

I'd prolly try to talk him down.. starting at 4200. maybe and see how far he's willing to come down~
But then I'm a cheap basted that finds it hard to fork out 5k for a beautiful bike that I can total out in one track day~
I know.. I know.. it's the risk we take for the adrenelin rush.. but on my budget that's a scary risk~
wink.gif

I would definitly make a point to look over real good this 'modifed racing subframe'~
rock.gif

Check any/all welds for cracking and such~  Otherwise it looks to be a sweet deal...
race.gif

Thanks for the feedback guys! I think it is a pretty solid value as long as it stacks up to 'as advertised' when I see it.
smile.gif

If it's here let me know and i will meet you to check it over free of charge...
Thanks for the offer but it's in Puyallup. I am mechanically astute so will be able to tell if it 'smells'. If you are up that way when I go for some reason though I would be glad to have a second set of eyes.
smile.gif

You didn't mention it in the list, does it have a title? Might not be important for right now, but you may want to convert it to a street bike at some point, or sell it to someone that does....
Other than that, I'd say duy it. Seems like a good deal, reputable reference, etc...

You didn't mention it in the list, does it have a title? Might not be important for right now, but you may want to convert it to a street bike at some point, or sell it to someone that does....
Other than that, I'd say duy it. Seems like a good deal, reputable reference, etc...
Good point, I thought of this too just last night. The title status could be important in the future.
smile.gif

just let me know a few days ahead of time and I may be able to get away,I could say i went to inspect a bike,use it as a write off and vist my boys in puyallup.

Back